cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Error Page for ABAP Webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I wonder if there is a way to create a custom generic error page for all webdynpro applications instead the orginal error page ? not just catching the exceptions during code execution.

please advise,

Amit Yosha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

In webdynpro , to raise the error message or information messages we have If_Wd_message_manager interface. Check the below link for methods available

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/6c/7aae42cd7fb611e10000000a155106/content.htm

And if you want to raise error message instead of standard error message,

For example, you will find exception parameters in function module, comment the exception paratemers and write your own logic and based on the logic generate the appropriate error mesage.

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi' Ill try to be more clear,

I want to change the default error/exception page or to redesign the existing one.

This can not be done in Java Webdynpro my question is there a way to do that in ABAP Webdynpro ?

Thanks,

Amit Yosha

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yest it can be done, if you find the place of code frm where it triggers.

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think srinivas means that you can enhance the std component/class to accommodate your needs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I think you can give a try to SICF service path "error page" Tab In application error page.

Go to your applications service in sicf t-code and try to create a new page under application error tab.

I am not sure but this might help.

Thanks

Pradeep

abdulbasit
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

It can be changed on SICF as Pradeep said. There are two alternative solutions described in http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/5e/05a5421935c511e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm . For both cases, you need to do it on application level. I don't know if it is possible to do this for all applications centrally.

Abdulbasit.

Answers (0)