cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documents stored in SAP or third party (open text)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please point me to the right forum if this is not the correct place to ask this type of question. Also, please forgive my ignorance as I am new to BDN. I have searched the forums and SAP help and cannot find my answers.

1. Where are documents stored when using transaction OAER/OAOR? SAP tables or 3rd party system?

2. Where would this be configured?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

Believe you have posted your thread in the right forum!!

1. Where are documents stored when using transaction OAER/OAOR? SAP tables or 3rd party system?

2. Where would this be configured?

The documents via Business Document Navigator(OAOR) can be stored either in

SAP database(not recommended though) or

on a Content Server/3rd party system.

It all boils down to your expectations/requirements from the solution.

Further,Archivelink solution needs to be turned on/configured to enable these features.Pls search using Archivelink keyword on this forum for details.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeepkumar,

Thank you for the very helpful reply. I will do some research on Archivelink. We have a 3rd party system called Ixos (Open Text). I'm just not familiar on how to setup the repository in SAP.

Thanks again!

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

.. how to setup the repository in SAP..

Your Basis associate will be responsible for setting up the content repository as it requries associated authorization.

Typically, the process involves defining a repository in OAC0 transaction wherein relevant details are provided for Document area,Storage type,Version,Port no,Server name and script.Once done,the certificate is sent and verified in CSADMIN transaction (green light indicating content server and repository are running).

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Answers (0)