cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7.0 no delete button in PO change mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are using SRM 7.0 extended scenario. I created a PO and it is approved. (no follow-on documents created)

After PO approved and status is "Ordered" and replicated to backend. Now I want to delete PO in header level but there is no delete button at all in edit mode.

There is a delete button in item level but not in header level.

Any ideas why ?

Thanks in advance..

Best regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

go to the Purchase oder POWL

Option1

Select the line item in the POWL you can see the EDIT button visible .click it for deleting the P.O.

Option 2.

click on the PO No in the POWL . Purchase order is opened. Click on Edit button ,Delete button will be visible in the P,O,

click delete button.

If you are not getting the delete just try with somether po whether Delete button visiblility is there (or) not

Regards

G.Ganesh Kumar

former_member22425
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

As per the details given by Ganesh, you should be allowed to Delete the PO at header level , but this works only in the Saved or Awaiting approval(by recalling the doc ) status. Once the PO is ordered you will be having item delete/undelete functionality.

Hope this answer your query here.

Best Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

So is it correct that once the po gets approved and have the status "ordered", i cannot delete it in header level ? I have to delete it in item level ?

This logic is meaningless.. Why i cannot delete PO after it is approved ? Maybe an authorisation issue or an oss ?

Best regards,

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's not an authorization issue and OSS will not be of help.

You can observe the same behaviour in ERP too.

You cannot delete a PO in SAP. It's always in database.

When you delete all items of PO, then it is considered as 'PO is deleted'. Ofcourse, there are series of checks e.g. there are no follow-on documents etc to ensure data consistency across documents.

Best regards,

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why do you think its meaning less. its correct.

see, when the PO is approved, it gets posted to ECC. once the document is posted in backend, you should not delete it. that's the logic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I think it is meaningless, because we had this ability in SRM 4.0

In SRM 4.0, after PO is approved, you can delete it in header level. This doesn't deletes PO totally. It flags the items as deleted and this info replicates to backend.

So, that's why i expect the same ability in SRM 7.0..

So i dont have this ability ,n SRM 7.0 right ?

Best regards,