cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.6b /oracle installation on Win2003 server Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anybody help us getting the installation manual to install 4.6b on windows server and oracle.

I am trying to install 4.6b on win 2003 server. It is giving an error when it reaches 37% it is stoping with errors.

First it gives a warning saying that the password cannot be set. then later on it errors out saying it canot logon as SAP sys admin. Can anybody please help me to resolve this issue.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Did you ever get this installation to work, as I am just about to perform an install of 4.6B on Windows 2003?

I have a client who is still running 4.6B/WinNT/Oracle 8.0.5 (nearly as old as me!) - and I need to get them onto Windows 2003.

Was hoping to run a homogeneous system copy and export from the old and import into the new database.

Many thanks, Matt Dalrymple

Former Member
0 Kudos

everything is out of support, OS, DB, SAP.

well the best way is to export it with 4.6D EXT Kernel CD and import it on Windows Server 2003 X64, see my last answer for more information.

all other upgrade pathes are very long (I can not remember that upgrades from 8.0.5 to 9.2 where supported, so you would have to go to 8.0.6, then to 9.2 on the source system. having 9.2 you can do a homogenious systemcopy to Windows 2003).

In any case you need the 4.6D ext kernel for Oracle9 and Windows 2003 support.

Peter

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why not upgrade oracle from 8.0.5 to 8.1.7.4 and make the db export? an 8.1.7.4-export can be used to be imported into oracle 9.2.x...so you would save some time

-> get the installation guide(s) and relevant sapnotes..read them carefully!!!

-> relevant SAPNotes: 543.520, 564.783, 438.588

-> install oracle 8.1.7.4 on the source box (nt)

-> make the db upgrade as described in the relevant db upgrade guide

-> install r3setup and use dbexport.r3s as the appropriate template

-> export your database (be careful <b>which codepage u use</b>...US7ASCII/WE8DEC!!!)

-> install sap r/3 46b (central.r3s) and oracle 9.2 on the target box (using r3setup, runInstaller)

-> use template dbmig.r3s in order to import the data

-> post installation actions

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

what Installation CD you are using?

are you are running a standard installation?

regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

using the 4.6D EXT Kernel CD you should also be able to install a brand new System using the 4.6B export CDs.

You should have a look at the homogenious system copy guide - That's propably the methog you intend to use.

You can also migrate your 4.6B to 64 Bit on Windows 2003 X86_64 using Oracle10 64 Bit and 4.6D Kernel 32 Bit.

for details see note <a href="http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/976457">976457</a>

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

-> error message?

according to sap's product availability matrix, 46b is not fully supported on win2k3 - depending on database release..

-> which rls do you use?

and by the way...46b will be de-supported by the end of this year (31.12.2006)..you'd better install webas 6.40/7.00 or mysap.erp2004/5

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

people are normally installing old releases to test the upgrade to new SAP Releases!

Because it would not be very wise to use the production server for this they are starting with a copy of the system.

Unfortunately most of them did start with a standard installation of the product version. after finishing the installation the will replace the database with their production one. The right way would be: homogenious system copy with the 4.6D EXT Kernel CD.