cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post System Refresh Activity - BDLS run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have finished system refresh of a QA system from Production. We need to run BDLS now to convert the original Production logical systems to QA relevant logical systems.

I am short of understanding of this process. Can anyone please help me with the concept and process?

Thanks in advance,

Abdul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul Rahim Shaik,

BDLS will convert the logical system name for your PROD to QAS.

For eg:

Your source - PRDCLNT100

Your target - QASCLNT100

If you go to SCC4 in your QAS, u will see Prod logical system name for the client.

Once you run BDLS after system copy, logical system name exist in every table for PRDCLNT 100 will change to QASCLNT100.

Refer to below link for more info:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/33/c823dbaea911d6b29500508b6b8a93/frameset.htm

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nicholas.

I can see multiple logical systems in the selection for "Old Logical System Name:" - should I be running the conversion for all the logical systems listed here? For example, I have CUPCLNT100 ( logical system for our CUA production) to CUDCLNT100 (logical system for CUA development)? There are atlast 30 such logical systems listed here.

Or should I just run for the system where system refresh took place? Like HRPCLNT100 (HR Production) to HRQCLNT100 (HR QA system)?

Thanks again,

Abdul

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should convert all the logical systems names used in the source system to the one required for the target system.

For example , If your PRD system communicates to ABC and XYZ , then in addition to changing the logical system name to QAS , you also will have to change the logical system names for ABC-QAS and XYZ-QAS using BDLS strictly.