cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sol.Man. 7.1 SPS04 - Shortdump at Template Maintenance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

I just started customizing the Monitoring Templates for Technical Monitoring in Solution Manager Setup (Technical Monitoring - Step 3).

Creating a custom template for Host (Server) Windows or Linux worked just fine. But when I try to modify the Metrics (equal if in Expert or in Standard Mode), Solution Manager failes creating the following short dump:

Error while processing your query 

What has happened? 
The URL call http://msssapsmt01.adstest.hel.kko.ch:8001/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/wd_sise_main_app was terminated because of an error. 

Note 

The following error occurred in system T50 : Access via 'NULL' object reference not possible.
The error occurred on application server MSSSAPSMT01_T50_01 and in work process 1 . 
The termination type was: RABAX_STATE
The ABAP call stack was: 
Method: CREATE_METRIC_REFERENCE of program CL_AC_METRIC_REPOSITORY=======CP
Method: READ_METRIC_FOR_ID_VER of program CL_AC_METRIC_REPOSITORY=======CP
Method: READ_METRIC_FOR_MAX_VERSION of program CL_AC_METRIC_REPOSITORY=======CP
Method: READ_METRIC_FROM_DB of program CL_AC_METRIC_REPOSITORY=======CP
Method: IF_ALRTCFG_MEA_MANAGER~GET_MEA of program CL_AC_METRIC_REPOSITORY=======CP

ST22 tells a bit more about the issue:

Category               ABAP Programming Error
Runtime Errors         OBJECTS_OBJREF_NOT_ASSIGNED_NO
Except.                CX_SY_REF_IS_INITIAL
ABAP Program           CL_AC_METRIC_REPOSITORY=======CP
Application Component  SV-SMG-MON-ALR-CFG

Error analysis
    An exception occurred that is explained in detail below.
    The exception, which is assigned to class 'CX_SY_REF_IS_INITIAL', was not
     caught in
    procedure "CREATE_METRIC_REFERENCE" "(METHOD)", nor was it propagated by a
     RAISING clause.

Any clue about what I missed / messed up with?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

we got these error on Managed system configuration, we connected this to SAP, sap has replied it was issue with the system connectivity with SLD. and ask us to check the SAP note note 757204 SMSY: Connection to the SLD server is inactive

and the other notes like 801054, But none of them related to us, hence you can also check will that related to your issue.

check this note too Note 1586660 - Solution Manager configuration check fails due to ABAP Dump

Thanks,

Jansi

Edited by: shivjansi on Jan 6, 2012 4:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi

Thank you for your answer. I just come from opening a message at SAP to see, what they think about.

As at your side, my issue could not be solved by the notes, you posted.

Hope, we get an answer from SAP soon on this.

Nice weekend and best regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Jansi

SAP just changed status of my message to "in action at SAP". Let's see, what they will find out.

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi

SAP just released a note to solve this issue: [1675184 - Data Inconsistency in MAI content leads to dump|http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1675184].

After applying this note, I was able to customize the operating system monitoring templates.

Therefore, I can close my question now.

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

Refer SAP Note 1624595

Regards,

Hasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hasan

Thank you for your reply, but your note affects an issue, that comes up after modifying a custom template. That shortdump occures already before, when you try to modify the metrics after creating a custom copy.

Additionally, your note seems to be for an older version of Solution Manager 7.1, as it is not implementable at SPS04 anymore.

Best regards,

Michael