cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP .NET Connector and VS.NET 2005

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

does the SAP.NET Connector work with VS.NET 2005 (Whidbey) ? I know it's not official released yet, but maybe i have to install it in the comming weeks to start the translation of our old applications in the .NET 2.0 world.

Greetings

Henning

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have post this in another thread, but it's OK for me to do that once more today

AFAIK, there's a product from Softwise called SAPExplorer targeting VS 2005 and above, which can be used to generate proxies, just like the one you found in VS 2003.

I have tried it and it works just fine for me. A little trick has to be done in order to be used with VS 2008, but I think it's OK because we only have to do it once (and there's no need to also install VS 2005 in the development machine).

That way, you don't have to use the new ESE or even learn the SOA/Web Service way, because by SAPExplorer it self is already enough.

I really hope you find my answer usefull to you all, since connector is the main concern of this thread!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to add some information about Ofer Feldman's message.

SAP has decided to focus on eSOA services and therefore we have released last week the "SAP Enterprise Services Explorer 1.0 for Microsoft .NET" which supports VS 2005.

The ESE is the successor of the .NET connector, using SAP eSOA services.

The ESE is an add-in for Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 that enables .NET developers to leverage SAP ESOA by discovering and consuming SAP enterprise services.

Full information about this tool can be found here on the SDN: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/dotnet, or you can feel free to guide your questions to me.

Best Regards,

Nadav

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to build a simple integration from SAP to .NET application (inside-out). The ESE appears to be focused on building .NET applications that call into SAP. So do almost all other articles.

.NET Connector 2.0 supports this, but we want to use a more recent version of Visual Studio. Does anybody have suggestions for the steps to take?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's February 2008. Still no vs2005 sap.net connector? Was the .net roadmap ever published? I need to move off of these old DCOM connectors and on to something supported but we use vs2005.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

AS there is no official sap.net connector for vs2005 but we can still use the dll files of the application developed in vs2003 and can be taken into vs 2005 and use that application .

if any one want that example how to do that pls do mail at

Deepakdhamat@bharatforge.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

To do it I build a DLL with VS2003 and SAP .net connector. As within Excel I can possible to use the COM object the DLL SAPRFC32.dll directly but it's less unconfortable.

An other solution is to use a non SAP tool like erpconnect, which offers all you need to integration SAP within a .net solution

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP Connector for MS .NET is not currently supported on Visual Studio 2005.

Please check the article <a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/92333e6b-0b01-0010-9cbf-fecd62d6c895">Using SAP Connector for MS .NET (NCO) in Microsoft Visual Studio 200</a> to learn a workaround that enables easy design-time connectivity to SAP back-end systems in Visual Studio 2005 by creating the connector proxies in Visual Studio 2003 and porting them to Visual Studio 2005.

The link to this article is available in the Development Center under Additional Resources.

Regards,

Anne Tarnoruder

SAP NetWeaver Product Management.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ..Anne,

I have .net 2003 and .net 2005 on same machine but i want to run my sap .net connector application on 2005 .net which is working fine on .net 2003 .

I have done changes as per Anne Tarnoruder PDF 1-5 pages , but still there are few queries that we should open new application or the same application which we have created in 2003 .net .

I have my .net sap connector installed in program files .

i m not able to get SAp login Form in .net 2005 .

Because when we give reference of the three .dll files

So how can I run my application

please guide me Step by Step

I appreciate your suggetion .

Thanks In Advance

Deepak Dhamat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've verified it with the "authorities", and this is SAP's <b>Official</b> Answer -

"SAP currently has no plan to release a .NET connector version that will support Visual Studio 2005. A road-map regarding .NET connectivity to SAP systems will be published soon."

So this is it. And guys... don't blame the messenger

Regards,

Ofer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

are there any news regarding this point?

Is the roadmap for the .NET Connectivity released yet?

Regards,

Timo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NGs,

IMHO this product supplies same functionality as NCo, but is also compatible with VS 2005. At this time I couldn't proove this by myself.

<a href="http://www.erpconnect.net/EC_EN/">http://www.erpconnect.net/EC_EN/</a>

If somebody has other experience, please tell me.

Hope it helps you to port your applications!

Regards,

Oliver Lamp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

we are using ERPconnect for nearly one year now and we are very happy with it, because it is much easier to use than the NCo.

It offers a lot more functions than the NCo especially for idoc sending...

kind regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

we are using ERPconnect for nearly one year now and we are very happy with it, because it is much easier to use than the NCo.

It offers a lot more functions than the NCo especially for idoc sending...

kind regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP has had vs2005 for over a year...where is the connector for vs2005? when is the release date?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are doing conversion from 2003 to 2005, you can still copy the DLLs over. You just can't generate the proxy using the wizard. You have to do that using 2003 and bring the code over.

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As NCo designtime is tightly integrated with Visual Studio, it cannot be installed into VS 2005.

Support for VS 2005 will be added later - currently there is no date planned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is SAP's current position on this issue?

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Still the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now Visual Studio is officially released. Integration is now *urgently* needed. Any release dates now?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are waiting for SAP .Net Connector for Visual Studio 2005 too.

It is *URGENTLY* required now.

Any information regarding SAP .Net Connector for Visual Studio 2005 will be very very appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reiner,

Still the same?

James