cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting two SCL systems to one backend

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to maintain 2 SCL system connections to one ECC system? We have already connected one SCL system to ECC as a backend and now we want to connect second one. Is it possible to do that?

If yes how to maintain Logical Ports call parameters for that?

Thanks

Domas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reasons why I want to connect 2 SCL`s to one ECC:

1) Save one more VM

2) So we can be sure the source data is exactly the same and the only differene will be from the SCL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Domas,

As pointed our by Holger, this is supported for inbound flows where your use case is to read (pull) some information from SAP into SharePoint. But use cases like reporting and workflow which publishes some items in SharePoint you cannot have the same ECC system.

But if you intention is only for DEV landscape setup and want to save a VM image and still want to support reporting & WF scenarios, then you could also create a new client which is the copy of your existing clients in the same ECC system.

Since logical port configurations are client specific you could practically connect same ECC system (but 2 diff clients) to 2 gateway systems.

Thanks,

Girimurugan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Domas,

Kinda puzzled, why do you want to connect 2 SCL's (with the role Application Server / Gateway) to one and the same ECC?

The answer on your question is yes, a logical consequence of the Duet Enterprise / Gateway architecture.

SCL stands in front of ECC (and rest of SAP landscape if present); and functions as integration layer between SharePoint (SCL user) and SAP landscape.

ECC is not aware of SCL; SCL is aware of ECC; SCL invokes RFC, BORs, SAP webservices on ECC; and is the caller in this sense.

Regards, William.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Domas,

I agree with William, that I do not fully understand the usecase (maybe you could elaborate a little?), but in principal it is possible. However, there are problems with Reporting and Workflow since both use default logical ports to push data configured via LPCONFIG in the backend system that only point to one specific SCL system.

Regards,

Holger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you both for the answers.

We need to build second DEV landscape ECC=>DUET=>SharePoint and thought it would be faster to connect to same ECC system. But it seems that installing a separate ECC system for that will be faster the configuring 2 SCL`s on one ECC.

But I wonder if I stick with my first option ( 2 SCL`s on one ECC ) what steps should be done on both sides to avoid duplicate connections?

Thanks again for the answers

Regards, Domas