Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert file creation in SAP PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We have a tricky requirement as follows:

There is a third party system to which the error messages and alerts that are generated in SAP PI needs to be sent as text file or via SOAP.

Whenever, Adapter Errors or Mapping Errors occur a log needs to be written/sent to the 3rd party server.

For ex: If an error occurs in the Message Mapping step, then the error information/alert needs to be sent to the 3rd party system via a file or soap.

The 3rd party server does not support SMTP or other mail protocol. It wants to receive error data information as xml or flat file or soap.

Can anyone please guide if this is possible and how?

Thanks,

Souvik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mean to say in the PI box create a report.

Below links would help you for your report.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/b050ff4f-84c3-2b10-3d99-8f9c44f57a17

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For this you can create a report on the ECC side of PI get all the errors. and generate a flat file and post in application server of PI.

Create a scenario in PI which will pick up this file and send to the 3rd party server.

Thanks,

Lalit Mohan Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please elaborate the same? Do we have a standard report? From Where can the report pick up the error information - is there any tables etc?

And by " ECC side of PI " I guess you mean the ABAP stack..

Souvik

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a function module SALRT_CREATE_API which you can use for your purpose.

I will tell you another not so good design.

Create email alerts and send them all to a mailbox as we do normally. Then create a mail to File/Soap scenario and send all alerts to them.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Souvik,

You can try to copy the program SXMSALERT_LOGREADER and extend it to suit to your requirement.

Best Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys.. let me check and revert.