cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Maintenance in upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

During upgrade we want to maintain Dual Maintenance. I.e development in SAP 4.7 (Non unicode - single code page) system needs to be replicated in ECC6.0 unicode system, untill code freeze before go live in 2013.

We have below two options:

1 - Dual Development seperately in both 4.7 & ECC6 system.

2 - Import Transport Requests from 4.7 to ECC6.0 ( Not sure whether this is possible).

we are heavily reluctant to go with option 1 as it requires double manual efforts & development is huge in our project.

Moreover there will be likelihood of human errors.

about option 2 I am not sure whether this is technically feasible & if it is what can be considerations need to be taken care of.

If anyone has any better idea on Dual Maintenance would be of great help.

Best answer will get all the points

Thanks

Sachin Bhatt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Option 2 is impossible and not supported.

Option 1 is the only way to go. That is one of the reason why SAP upgrades are projects so long, complex and expensive...

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

Thanks for the reply.

There is one more option I reckon.

I will come back with more information on that.

Regards

Sachin Bhatt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is a third strategy as well.

I am not exactly sure, how it will be used.

But something like doing data refresh from 4.7 (with new developments) on to the ECC6 system & then again upgrading the system to ECC6.

As I said, I have heard of this strategy being used, but never experienced my self.

Any thoughts in this line would be higly rewarding.

Thanks

Sachin Bhatt

Former Member
0 Kudos

moved to the different foru m post

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Sachin,

Its better if you go for a complete dual landscape itself in which one of your landscape could be used for test purposes. Having two DEV systems would solve no purpose because the transports from 4.7 cannot be imported to 7.0

Therefore, if you have a QAS system also on the same 7.0 patch level then you can import the request and do your testings.

I hope this answers your queries.

Regards,

Abhishek