cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POWL: Can't see POWL detail component when POWL is embedded

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a POWL which is embedded in another WD-Component. This WD-Comp contains 2 views, one which embedds the POWL the other which is the view the POWL should use as detail component.

The problem i have is that when calling the WD Comp. the POWL doesn't show the detail component, while it does when calling the POWL directly.

Can someone give me a hint what went wrong?

Thanks

Harald

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ashish_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Herald,

If you can help me understand what you are trying to achieve , may be i can guide you.

I guess you need two different WD Components.

WD Component which implements POWL_DETAIL_COMP_IF , can only qualify to become a POWL Detail view.

Regards,

Ashish Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I want to achieve is following:

I need a worklist(POWL) and for each item in the worklist I want to see details (as POWL detail component).

The POWL is inbedded in a webdypro view (let's call it V_MAIN) in WD-Comp "A". For the detail component I need also a view. So my naive idea was to create this view (call it V_DETAIL) also in WD-Comp "A" to have everything that belongs together in one component. Of course I implemented the respective interface I need for POWL Detail Components and I also created separate window for view V_MAIN. V_DETAIL has anyway a dedicated window POWL_DETAIL.

As mentioned in the initial post I have no issue if I call the POWL directly only if I call it via the wrapper view V_MAIN.

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont have much experience on powl, but let me give some hints.

Are you using POWL for second view also? if yes, did you create separate application id? and where did you call the second powl application id?

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

The second view (POWL Detail Component) is a normal form like view. No embedded POWL there.