cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upgrade SUP 2.0 to SUP 2.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are using SUP 2.0 and we want to upgrade it with SUP 2.1, So how can we upgrade it or can we download the SUP 2.1 from https://sybase.subscribenet.com/

Please Reply me.

Regards,

Tapan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To upgrade sup 2.0 to 2.1 u need 2 components SUP Runtime & Mobile SDK.

-Sybase Mobile SDK u2013 The platform development tool set used to build mobile

applications that meet your mobility needs.

-Sybase Unwired Platform Runtime u2013 The deployment and management architecture

and services used to run and manage mobile applications.

Both components are necessary to upgrade to sup 2.1.

Hope this resolve your query.

-SAKET

brenton_ocallaghan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Just to clarify:

You do NOT need both components installed on the server in order to upgrade to SUP 2.1. In a productive environment you would not need the SDK installed at all - just upgrade the runtime to the new version.

You DO require the SDK v2.1 in order to develop for the SUP server 2.1 but that would be installed only on the developer machine rather than the server.

Cheers,

Brenton.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brenton,

are you certain about it? I am pretty sure my unwirdeServer directory gt an update as well - not only the workspace folder. So in my understandig both folders will be updated. But you are totally right, not both thngs need to be installed on the same machine.

Regards,

Oliver

brenton_ocallaghan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Once you have the files then it is quite a simple install and can be done either on-top of the 2.0 installation or as a completely new installation.

I have done both and i personally would go for the new install and remove the c:/sybase folder after Uninstalling 2.0 which gives a new clean installation.

Hope that helps,

Brenton.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tapan,

yes, you can download the files form yur side. If they are not shown there, please call your Sybase contact person and they will allow you access to the 2.1 files incl. license files.

Hope this helps.

Regard,s

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

>

> We are using SUP 2.0 and we want to upgrade it with SUP 2.1, So how can we upgrade it or can we download the SUP 2.1 from https://sybase.subscribenet.com/

>

> Please Reply me.

>

> Regards,

> Tapan

It all depends on your contract/agreement with Sybase/SAP. It is available for download on the subscribenet for those partners or customers that are licenced for it.