cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dms-error-table doubt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

We were facing an error where we were not able to save a document in content repository. I took help of my abap friend to run one of the standard functional programs and he suggested that there are no entries maintained in tables TDW0, TDWD and TDWE. Also he said content server is windows 2008, but i find only unix (dev) files which has to be updated.

Now i am not able to know how to proceed further. Please help me.

regards,

sai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amit_maheshwari2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

What is the error you are getting while saving the file in content server?

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error is 2653 stating the file not able to check in and save. This error may be due to any of the reason. but some how i am struggling from past one month and not able to find solution for the same. With help of ABAPER i ran a functional program and he gave me the above inputs.

Also i faced errors 401 and 500 while creating new content repositories. Hence i am not sure whether it went wrong in my configs or any problem with basis installation?

We are using KPRO

Any one please help me........

regards,

sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Following checks should be done and update if below checklist is aligned:

1. Content repository - Connection is successful? * Make note that you have sent the certificate

2. Above Cont repo is assigned to storage category that you are using

3. While attaching the file, you are using above storage category

4. Check the table SOFFPHIO the doc ID is update after successful attaching the file

Let me know what are the above steps you are missing... If there is a issue with cont repo then you have to provide the details of your connection with archive server used.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ajay,

Thanks a lot for the reply below are my comments,

1. Content repository - Connection is successful? * Make note that you have sent the certificate

Yes, certificate sent is also successful

2. Above Cont repo is assigned to storage category that you are using

Yes this is done

3. While attaching the file, you are using above storage category

Yes i am using the same.

4. Check the table SOFFPHIO the doc ID is update after successful attaching the file

I have not done this, only today when i used SE16 and gave this table and execute i was able to find i was not able to find any doc id field there only log documents,

Please suggest me and help as i am in fix from long time on this...and my fingers are crossed please help.

regards,

sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Phyisical document no is Doc ID.

In this table SOFFPHIO, if phy doc number populated then it means that document is successfully stored.

Let me know... what is the error you are getting.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ajay,

Thanks a lot i have an id like "5CF3FC210C961ED0BDABF1198CF06239" in this field.

I am able to generate the document but not able to save the browsed file like pdf, word etc in the content server.

regards,

sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Your SAP and archive server connection is fine but the document type assigned to storage category is not assigned with format that your looking for (PDF, doc).

In DC20 transaction, you assign required document class & then try to store the pdf file into archive server.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ajay,

thanks a lot for you inputs. Based on your response i have below doubts,

1) I am using content server so in DC20, hence i have defined data carrier type "server , front end" i am correct right?

I have not done any settings in DC 20 section of define data carrier type archive? Should i for content server.

2) I am not defined any class, please let me know how to define the class shall i use standard 017 class for documents?

regards,

sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

+1) I am using content server so in DC20, hence i have defined data carrier type "server , front end" i am correct right?

I have not done any settings in DC 20 section of define data carrier type archive? Should i for content server.+

<Ajay> Data Carrier is not required when you want to store your document in content server.

2) I am not defined any class, please let me know how to define the class shall i use standard 017 class for documents?

<Ajay> I mean to say to specify the format to your doc type - in DC10 below are fields. with this you will be able to attach the assigned format documents from the respective doc type.

Default Appl.

Dis. WS applic.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ajay,

I performed as you said, but i was not able to check in the same in to content server again the same problem continued.

regards,

sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it an exceptional case for a document of particular type(Eg: PDF/MSWord) or does the error occur with documents of all types of file formats?

P.S. In DC20,hope you have maintained the path as c:\temp\ for 'Define data carrier type "Server,Front end"'.Pls confirm.Do note that everytime you display an original file, the system creates a local copy of this file on your PC.The data carrier,if defined, indicates where the original is stored when it is displayed.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with the posting of Pradeep. Moreover, you have to specify the error message otherwise we can't help you in right direction.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks for reply.Please help on the below. Usually what should we provide the data in below.

Define data carrier type server front end, what should i give in type if i am using KPRO content server.

path as said i will give temp. Then what to be provided in define servers and files or folders and identify front end computers.

I need guidance on this if we are using KPRO with content server.

Some how i tried with many options but i was not able to get through this error.

I am facing this problem with all file types word, pdf, excel, cad etc...

regards,

sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ensure that for 'Define data carrier type "server,front end" ',Path is maintained as c:\temp\.Further,

Then what to be provided in define servers and files or folders and identify front end computers.

You may choose to leave fields for 'Define servers and files or folders' empty.However,for 'Identify front end computers', maintain values for parameters as indicated below:

Front End Computer - Default

Data carr. type - PC

Netw. address - DEFAULT

Description - Default for local PC

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need guidance on this if we are using KPRO with content server.

Also,for all the document types that you have defined,please ensure that 'User kPro' option is enabled/checked.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Guys,

I have doing the configs as suggested but, by mistake my colleague has defined the same in archive section.

As i am using content server for saving i think i need not define anything in archive section but have to define the above said things in server front end. But as its defined by mistake in archive and DC29 is cross client, Now i am not able to delete the same. It says below error

You cannot use data carrier Default - try displaying possible entries

Message no. V&021

Please help now how to resolve the same. I was able to find only 2 threads but did not have any solution for the same.

regards,

sai