cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site profile for the plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to know how to see the the site profile for allready created plant. i tried in WB02 extras -> admin data but there i found plant category and node type SCN. i also checked in customising option in WB02 there i found the list of site profile. i am new for this creation of plant and also want to know the use of maintaing the site profile for the plant. is it not possible if i just copy the existing plant instead of creating the new one. what are the implications if i copy the plant? where i can see the plant profile? i searched in SDN but could not able to get the sufficient info. request you to help me in the same.

Thanks

Ashwini K.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks JP

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, its very tricky whether to copy or create a fresh.

In my opinion, you only 'create' when there is nothing suitable to copy from.

Try with Tcode OX10. Double click on plant to see the details.

You will find following details:

- Language Key

- Address

- City

- Country Key

- Region

- County code

- City code

- Tax Jurisdiction

- Factory calendar

The information is sufficient for a plant, if you are using plant as delivery plant from SD point of view.

But, if that plant plays a role of production, procurement & delivery, particularly for production you need to consult PP Guys.

As that require to maintain Plant parameter, scheduling parameter, default values for generation of operation, so on so forth.

If its any India localisation related plant then excise registration, depot & others will come into picture.

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks JP,

i have gone through all the above information. but want to know more about plant profile and site profile, where and how to create and what is its use. what are the implications on sales cycle when we dont maintain the plant profile?

Thanks

Ashwini K.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I assume, Site is business term for Warehouse in SAP terminology.

In SAP, if we talk about Warehouse for SD, it is Lean Warehouse with fixed bin.

The activities that take place there include: goods receipts, goods issues, and putting together shipments for incoming and outgoing goods flow.

Want more information on that, kindly search on SAP Help.

what are the implications on sales cycle when we don't maintain the plant profile?

I don't think without plant you will bale to complete Sales Cycle.

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks JP...

well without plant we can not create the sales cycle thats true but i am confuse regarding the site profile maintain for the plant.

below are the different site profile maintained for the plant in our company.

0100 Distribution center

0110 Store w/o intercomp. billing

0120 Store with intercomp. billing

0130 Store with external billing

0140 Assortment owner do not use

0150 Franchisee

0160 Wholesale customer

Thanks

Ashwini

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Okay.

By site profile you are indicating to Storage Location under plant.

These are organisational units which allows differentiation of material stocks within a plant

To create a new Storage location, follow following path in IMG

SPRO - Enterprise Structure - Definition - Material Management - Maintain Storage Location.

Regards

JP