Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLMAN Upgrade

former_member204634
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All

I am part of a SOLMAN upgrade project from Security perspective. Version details are as following:

Current Target

NetWeaver Component 7.01 7.02

Solman Release 7.01 7.1

With these releases in mind; I want to ensure that we are not looking at any major authorization concept changes w.r.t to upgrade. As in changes to CRM authorization concept with introduction of Web UI - introduction of business role. Can anyone please provide a confirmation on this. I was unable to find any concrete lead suggesting that there are changes to authorization concept. I never worked on SOLMAN security before and would like to know if there is anything specific pertaining to SOLMAN that I need to be aware of while doing the Security upgrade.

Many thanks and wish you all a very happy and prosperous new year !!

Best Regards

Prashant

3 REPLIES 3

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanth,

As in changes to CRM authorization concept with introduction of Web UI - introduction of business role.

In CRM new releases authorization for WebUI is controlled with a combination of business roles and PFCG roles.

AS for Solman upgrade there is no significant difference. Only new feature is that of work centers which are already present in Solman 7.0 to a smaller extent.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was involved in two recent upgrades to SolMan 7.1 and both of them had to be aborted due to an overwelming number of program errors.

You are looking at about 500 bugs to fix... (but I am not aware of anything specific to authorizations which will change or be more buggy).

In the infrastructure security you will now also have a message server ACL which you should maintain similarly to the secinfo gateway ACL.

I would wait a while and let someone else do the SolMan debugging or give SAP another chance to test properly.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks Deepak and Julius for your replies ..wish everyone a very happy and prosperous new year !!