SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase Order Updating by Due Date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sirs,

I am testing purchase orders commitments in payment budget with update profile 000202. This UP updates postings by due date as standard. To reinforce it I market as due date at OF39 to Value Cat. 51.

However system is still updating POs postings with the delivery date in FM instead of update it with the due date.

Since I have a payment condition in the PO, shouldnu2019t the system be able to predict a due date and update as we need?

Does anybody could tell me if it is the regular behavior or if I am actually missing something?

Best Regards,

Gustavo Cordeiro.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member184992
Active Contributor

Hi Gustavo,

There are two restrictions to using terms of payment from MM for determine the FM due date.

1) OFUP: only MM-invoice is updated.

2) Update profile: the update date for payment budget and commitment budget cannot be set to delivery date.

Since point 2 you have already for due date, please check if your OFUP is customized correctly for due date.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Vanessa.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Gustavo

Can you check if the note [1415603|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1415603] implemented in your system?

Thanks!

kind regards, Mar.

0 Kudos

Hello, Mar.

I checked the system and note 1415603 is implemented.

Gustavo.

former_member184992
Active Contributor

Hi Gustavo,

There are two restrictions to using terms of payment from MM for determine the FM due date.

1) OFUP: only MM-invoice is updated.

2) Update profile: the update date for payment budget and commitment budget cannot be set to delivery date.

Since point 2 you have already for due date, please check if your OFUP is customized correctly for due date.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Vanessa.

0 Kudos

Hello Vanessa,

The OFUP customization for GR/IR updating is "GR and inv.".

We may conclude that with this parameterization I can`t update POs with the due date?

Rgds,

Gustavo.

0 Kudos

Hi Gustavo,

To confirm the system behaviour and see the results by yourself, I suggest you to do some tests in one test system (changing OFUP) and creating new POs. The update will be determined by the due date.

Best Regards,

Vanessa.

0 Kudos

Hi Gustavo, did you change the update date for commitment budget from posting date to delivery date? if yes, this is the cause of your issue, because the delivery date is used for both ledgers if either the Payment or Commitement Budget are configured for Delivery date.

I hope this helps you

César

0 Kudos

Hello, Cesar.

Yes I changed it for the CB. But the PB remained with the due date at OF39.

Gustavo.

0 Kudos

Hi, Vanessa.

It din't work out. I tested a new PO in a sandbox system after changing OFUP to only update MM-invoice, but system behavior remains the same. It is updating POs in the PB with the delivery date instead of the Due Date.

Rgds.

Gustavo.

0 Kudos

Gustavo,

There could be possibly issue with your FMDERIVER rule, could you please check if the logic in FMDERIVER is contributing to this problem.  Thank you.