cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post-Installation and Configuration of Solution Manager 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear community,

we are a SAP Channel Partner and want to offer SAP BO support; therefore I am about to set up the Solution Manager 7.1 on a Windows 2008 R2 host with Oracle Database 11g. The installation has been completed successfully and I have applied our permanent license, but performing the following post-installation steps some problems and questions have arised. Because I don't want to write a novel right here, let's begin with the first issue:

Updating the Solman, as suggested in post-installation.

I want to update my ISS to SP 04 and followed the common instructions using ESPIN and SPAM (see, for example, this thread: ).

That means, all packages have been loaded from ESPIN into SPAM. The problem is, that I have SPAM version 0039, but I get error message "you need at least version 0040" when I try to start the update queue. Also, I am not able to download a newer version of SPAM from SMP (702-0043 and 702-0045 are available there), because I need MOPZ for that (a message comes up telling me that items in my download basket have to be confirmed before I am allowed to download them), which will be available not before basic configuration during solman_setup later on.

So, what to do? Is there another way to get that 5MB SPAM update or do I have to go on with the old version?

Thanks in advance

Sönke

Edited by: Sönke Schnurr on Dec 29, 2011 4:15 PM (small addendum)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

After add SPAM version 45 to your download basket, open a message directly under component SV-SMG-MAI-APR. Your packages will be approved and you'll be able to download this package using download manager.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your replies!

I am aware of your workaround, Srikishan, but it didn't work, because another major problem is that SAPOSS RFC doesn't work properly - but that's another issue.

Your solution is completely new for me, Mateus, I'll try it the way described here.

I'll be back soon...

Edit: @Mateus: Do I need the Solman for your solution, too, or can I open a message as described in the linked pdf via SMP?

Edited by: Sönke Schnurr on Dec 29, 2011 5:02 PM

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Yes, you need a solman to perform this task, you need the solman that you generated the xml for DEV.

service.sap.com/mopz => How-to guide for the stack XML copy report (SAP note 1600302)

Follow this guide.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Mateus,

I am not sure if you got me right: There is no MOPZ which I could use (and a MOPZ is required for note 1600302, isn't it?), because I am still doing post-installation. Besides, there is no other system already configured, for this is our first installation. Or did I get you wrong?

As I mentioned before, my RFC SAPOSS doesn't work yet (connection test fails, probably because I didn't specify a SAProuter). Two questions:

1) Is it absolutely necessary to configure the RFC SAPOSS before being able to either run the SP 04 update or installing a maintenance optimizer?

2) Do I need a SAProuter for that purpose? If yes, why isn't it even mentioned in the post-installation guide? Or did I miss something?

Best regards

Sönke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am afraid as the SAP-OSS connection does not work yet, the only option left is as Mateus suggested.

- SAP-OSS conenction is not mandatory for SP04 update, as the packages can be downloaded directly from the SMP http://service.sap.com/sp-stacks. But the connection is required during the configuration of Solution manager, post SP04 update via the SOLMAN_SETUP wizard. This wizard has to be run before MOPZ use. And MOPZ definitely needs this connection to OSS for checking for latest SP stacks and downloading them.

- The installation guide section: Post-Installation has the step Configuring Remote conenction to SAP Support, which takes you to http://service.sap.com/remoteconnection. Here the technical prerequisite is mentioned as SAP Router should be set up and a physical network connection should exist between your SAP Router and SAP OSS. Guide for Router Setup: www.easymarketplace.de/saprouter.php

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply, Srikishan!

- As you know, I loaded the update SP 04, it's only the SPAM update missing to apply SP 04. Your solution is not possible, as you said, for I need SAPOSS to get that SPAM update. Mateus' solution I do not quiet understand, because I don't have another Solman running, which would be required, wouldn't it?

- I already startet solman_setup and tried the first two steps, and of course it complains that the RFC destination is. A second error occurs, that my bi_cont is not up-to-date. That's another reason why I wanted to do the update first.

But okay, so I will just have to do the RFC configuration first, which means to follow the instructions on your linked pages and to setup saprouter.

Thank you both of you!

Sönke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But as per Mateus's solution, you would not need another solution manager to create a message to SAP.

Navigate to the SMP, http://service.sap.com/notes -> Report a product error -> follow the wizard

User your S-USer to login to above page.

At the message create page, enter the component Mateus mentioned in the reply(SV-SMG-MAI-APR) and raise a message to SAP. Mention that your S-user ID is S000xxxxxx and the packages in respective S-user's download basket need to be approved.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah, my fault! Now I understand. I've just created a customer message and wait for the approval. Thanks a lot for your patience!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear community,

a short question: How long does it take for SAP to approve my SAProuter registration request I sent them via Fax (note 28976)? Some hours? Days? A rough estimation would be helpful.

Thanks

Sönke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonke,

For a new installation of SolMan 7.1 you don't need MOPZ. You follow the note 1577909. In tthere is a link to the full support package stack for Solution Manager 7.1 which you download and unzip (unrar). In there is is a maintenance xml file that you use in SAINT (not SPAM). You will need a current SPAM update though but I think that is included in the download too. Good luck,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, David!

Thanks for your answer and please excuse the delay of my reply! I had already followed exactly the procedure in that note and successfully installed the Java stack, I just didn't use SAINT but SPAM (I think I did actually try SAINT but didn't manage it, so I switched to SPAM). Right now I'm facing some issues installing the SPS via SPAM (after having updated SPAM). Whatever, I'll try that SAINT solution later on, thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Because I have serious problems with my SPAM update (check my thread if you are interested: ) I'm stuck in post-installation process, still the SP implementation and the service connection to SAP need to be applied.

I thank you all for now and will probably return later concerning SAProuter issues.

Regards

Sönke

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

In SPAM, you have the option to update.

Navigate to Menu > Extras > Reset Status > SAPM/SAINT UPDATE

I am pretty certain that will be the navigation, but there will be an option, and it will be selectable, right from SPAM.

It has the option to update itself with a menu selection.

I ran into this too.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

The option to import is under Support Package -> Import SPAM/SAINT Update, but that is not the problem; I already did that update, as I mentioned. The problem was to approve my download basket's downloads, but that has been solved. The new problem during the update of the SPS can be read here: .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, I am just re-installing my Solution Manager 7.1, because I couldn't solve my SPAM problem (linked thread in my next-to-last post).

I would like to configure the whole SAProuter SNC thing now. The Solution Manager host is the same which has the SAProuter installed. I have already registered and certified it and created the Windows Service which starts the SAProuter (saprouter -r -S 3299 -G routerlog -K u201Cp:CN=XXX, OU=YYY, OU=SAProuter, O=SAP, C=DEu201C), XXX and YYY being the appropriate values.

Now I want to create my saprouttable. A beta version is this one here, based on some tutorials in the internet:

-

-

KT "p:CN=sapserv2, OU=SAProuter, O=SAP, C=DE" 194.39.131.34 3299

KP "p:CN=sapserv2, OU=SAProuter, O=SAP, C=DE" 3200

1. deny all other connections

D * * *

-

-

Do you think it's alright? I'm connecting via host port 3299, so the first two lines should be alright, shouldn't they?.

The fourth line P ? The local IP address of my host? What is that line for at all?

Another question: The connection to OSS doesn't work yet, probably because of our local hardware router firewall. Which ports do I have to forward? I suppose it is just 3299?

An elaborate answer would be highly appreciated!

Regards

Sönke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm... or do I have to use my host's local IP in the KP line?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to give feedback: I managed to get the service connection working.

Entries in saprouttab:

1. SNC-connection from and to SAP

KT "p:CN=sapserv2, OU=SAProuter, O=SAP, C=DE" 194.39.131.34 *

1. SNC-connection from SAP to local R/3-System for Support

KP "p:CN=sapserv2, OU=SAProuter, O=SAP, C=DE" 3200

1. deny all other connections

D * * *

Entries in transaction OSS1:

SAProuter 1

(works both being locked in from local client, from remote client only public ip-address works)

SAProuter at SAP:

sapserv2

SAPnet Message Server:

oss001

O01

Entries in transaction SM59 (RFC connection SAPOSS):

Technical Settings:

target system: OSS

Msg. server: /H/217.91.139.223/S/sapdp99/H/194.39.131.34/S/sapdp99/H/oss001

group: EWA

logon & security:

client: 001 (does it matter?)

user: oss_rfc

password: cpic (possibly has to be re-entered)

Regards

Sönke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I encountered the same problem, which I find very peculiar though.

Steps in following link helped me:

http://www.erpgenie.com/sap-technical/basis/trick-approve-download-basket-via-solution-manager

Before doing the steps ensure below:

RFC connection SAP-OSS exists and works connecting to the OSS with the S-user details.

Tcode AISUSER contains the mapping between the S-user and the SAP system user.

You need to update the SPAM to the recommended level, no other workaround.

Regards,

Srikishan