Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relationship b/w Sales Area and Sales Office

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sappers,

Am i right in my assumption that Sales Area in SAP:

Sales Area (Total in numbers) = Sales Org (Total) * Distribution Channels (Total) * Divisions (Total)

i.e if there are 2 Sales Org's with 2 Distribution Channels and 2 Divisions then,

total Sales Areas = 222 = 8

Also, if their are 2 Sales Offices (North and South), then there are total of 16 entries in the table when we assign Sales Areas to Sales Groups.

Kindly comment.

RahulT

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I think you already got good information about Max. Sales Areas and assignment of Sales Office to Sales Area.

Usually Sales Office is also called Sales Region or Sales District. Once you assign Sales Office to Sales Area. You need to assign Sales Group also called Sales Territory to Sales Office.

I hope this helps you with Sales Office and Sales Group.

Thanks,

Red Raider

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAM,

Yes you are right that it depends on the business design, for example a particular business might not want to go for all the Sales Areas possible, but implement and account for only a few of them.

But I am asking from a concept point of view, that if i am making a test scenario then should i as a student make 8 entries (222) at the assignment stage so that SAP may not give error any point in the future should i enter any sales area in sales order (va01) which was not accounted or assigned before at the assignment level.

Kindly comment

RahulT

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well as per assumption.

Max no. of sales area can 8.

Min no. of sales area will be 2.

But this all depend on your client business requirement.

I'm never in favour of having more than one sales organization in one company.

WHY?

Please refer my responses following SDN thread:

Now coming on to Sales Area & Sales Office relationship.

Again same logic based on max no of sales area (8) combination, you will have max 16 combination of sales area & sales office

And similarly, based on min no of sales area (2) combination, you will have min 2 combination of sales area & sales office.

Again, when you decide all this, your clients current organisation structure is always a deciding fact.

As student, if you learning then referring some live business scenario or example, will be more help. Instead of running round the bush.

All the very best.

Happy New Year in advance.

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Don't go by the assuption that 2 * 2* 2. It is based on the business design. If you have a requirement to configure, then you may need to go for many sales area configurations and assign those to sales offices.

But first you will need to find the requirement and map it to SAP.

Regards,

SAM