cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS and DB upgrade in Portal and moving to cluster environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are planning to move our portal system to the new hardware and hence we planned to club this activities along with OS and DB upgrade.

Our current environment :

OS and DB : Windows 2003 and SQL 2005

Portal : EP7.0 with SP as 13

I have ensured that the current SAP environment will support OS and DB ( 2008 R/2 and SQL 2008 R/2) through PAM. Hence what we planned is that,

Using system copy tool will export the current system and will import the same in new hardware with OS as 2008 R/2 and DB as SQL 2008 R/2. So, we are pretty clear on this part and this activity will perfectly suit for our Dev and Quality systems but for the production we would like to go to the cluster environment (Indeed the current landscape is a non clustered environment ).

So, Kindly let me know how should I want to plan for the portal system (From non cluster to Clustered environment in the new hardware)

Regards

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In the installation guides - its mentioned clearly :-).

Do an export using system copy tool and while Import using the Clustering options. Successfully done the same in our environment and went go live as well as planned.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vijay,

I have not faced the situtation, but have installed the high availability systems.

But I think that while system copy, you have to select High availabilty and proceed.

Once system will be ready then you can ask your network team to provide you a system with same configuration and OS.

After that they will do clustering for filesystems movement.once this will be done.

You have to check by switching the servers, if you can start your SAP or not.If yes then you have to write script for the same and put it in cluster.

Regards,

Amit Barnawal

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vijay,

>

> I have not faced the situtation, but have installed the high availability systems.

>

> But I think that while system copy, you have to select High availabilty and proceed.

> Once system will be ready then you can ask your network team to provide you a system with same configuration and OS.

> After that they will do clustering for filesystems movement.once this will be done.

> You have to check by switching the servers, if you can start your SAP or not.If yes then you have to write script for the same and put it in cluster.

>

You need not to do any scripting as it is window environment. Here you need to use MSCS cluster. First follow all the HA config like configure MSCS cluster and after that do failover testing for the moveable media. If it is successful then export your source system and while importing system select HA option from sapinst in system copy.

Thanks

Sunny