cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GATP - Batch Backorder Processing (/sapapo/bop)

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

Business event 'BO' is not getting considered in BOP.

Check mode for the product is 050

Check instructions are maintained for 050 - BO as well as 050 - A

Business event 'BO' is maintained in location mastere data.

Back order processing is active in planning and version management.

But business event 'A' is getting considered during BOP (/sapapo/bop)

What can be the reason for BOP not working as per business event 'BO'

Let me know if further inputs are required.

Regards,

RS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

claire_yang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The backorder processing (transaction /sapapo/bop) uses the same ATP checking rule like the sales orders determined in R/3.

If you create a sales order in VA01, in SAP standard the sales order would use checking rule 'A'. After saving, the order will be

transferred to APO and there the checking rule 'A' will be saved on the APO database (/sapapo/atpparam).

When you run BOP, it will read the same checking rule from the database (/sapapo/atpparam) and check again with 'A'.

If no rule could be determined, then the system tries to read the checking rule from the location master.

Claire

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Claire,

thanks for the reply.

So for a given sales order system does not consider backorder processing as a different business event (e.g. BO) ?

The scenario is as below

for example, during sales order creation, product check is not required to be carried out.

But at a later stage we want to carry out product check.

Is it possible to achieve this ?

Regards,

RS

Former Member
0 Kudos

RS,

I personally would avoid such schemes. It is far too difficult to ensure that your two different ATP methods will mesh together in all possible scenarios. However, I will assume you have already fully thought out this scheme, and you have already assured yourself that it will work.

Maintain a new custom check mode in the product master. Maintain a new check instruction for your custom check mode and 'A' (for MTS sales orders; you may have other sales requirements you wish to enhance in this way as well).

During Batch BOP, select 'Read Check mode'. The BOP will use the check mode from Product master, and therefore will execute the new check instructions.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear DB49,

thanks for your inputs,

I will try to work on the suggested approach.

But I would like to get insights on the following point which I had mentioned before also.

Is the business event for backorder processing (BO) not considered as default event during /sapapo/bop ?

Then same check mode (050 in our case) can be used in conjuntion with business event BO to execute the check instructon with different settings.

If it is not the case, then in which case the defualt business event BO comes into play ?

Regards,

RS

Former Member
0 Kudos

RS,

I am somewhat puzzled by your question. Can you direct me to the SAP documentation that says that BO business event should be considered as some type of default when executing BOP?

BO only exists in SCM if it was copied from ERP, or if you created it manually.

Best Regards,

DB49

michael_thinschmidt
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RS,

Is the business event for backorder processing (BO) not considered as default event during /sapapo/bop ?

No, BOP tries always to "simulate" the ATP check from ERP - e.g. VA01/VA02, thus it reads the Check instructions from the table /SAPAPO/ATPPARAM. If there is nothing it reads the data from the Material/Location Master data in APO. you can force the reading of the master data information by setting the flag "read check mode" in BOP parameters.

If you like to use BE "BO " you can manipulte the check instructions via userexit EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLBOP_040.

best regards,

Michael

claire_yang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The checking rule 'BO' is not being used by BOP. You can only use this checking rule in the interactive BOP (transaction

/sapapo/bopi), because there you can manually assign a checking rule.

If you want BOP to use e.g. checking rule 'BO', you have to use one of the BOP customer-exits. There you would have to switch the checking rule from 'A' to 'BO'. It is customer-exit EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLBOP_040, enhancement APOBO040.

Claire