cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reg:deletion of application logs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

The application logs are growing tremendously in BW .The list of tables are BALDAT,BALHDR,BALHDRP,BALM,BALMP,BALC and BAL_INDX.

I have checked the note 436329 and others too regarding BALDAT,BALHR

.Let me know what can be deleted in all these mentioned tables ,i have checked the tables and lognumber is common in all tables.I want to know what elements can be deleted and at present BALDAT is 9GB

Secondly, why this BALDAT is growing alongwith other tables and how much will BALDAT will grow?How to see its growth last year and how much it was growing ?

Thirdly whether these deletion of application logs from above mentioned tables will cause any impact in the system as i am feared if there could be any relation to some other BW cluster tables

Kindly provide me a help

Regards

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deigo,

i went to Taana transaction and report is showing no entries for BALDAT,BALM tables.Let me know how to see that and how to use taana

And let me know how to attach screenshot in this so that it will clear idea to you

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

You have to create a Ad Hoc Analysis variant depending what you want to analyze, selecting the corresponding columns of the table. For example for BALHDR you can select ALDATE and analyze how many entries you have for specific dates.

Also check in tx. SARA->database tables for archiving options for the requiered tables if you decide to do so.

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deigo,

I went to SARA and gave object name BC_SBAL and used the variant zarchive .Unfortunately i am unable to get any output as that variant does not support for this .But i could maintain Spool and start date parameters.Let me know what can i can do to run that with proper variant ...Kindly help me if you know this

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ram,

If you decide to archive you can create a new variant in SARA. Anyway, take this into account:

Cheers,

Diego.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deigo,

i have ran db02 and am able to get the entries till from this day to last year feb 2011 for BALDAT,BALHDR table..I still want to see the behind the month of feb2011 in db02.Let me know what can i do to get this that is How to change the measurements and date to get the past history of table BALDAT, BALHDR with db02.

Added to this , i used even taana and found entries for BALHDR with ALEDATE with ad-hoc variant and ran the job background and got 1866 entries.Let me know what are these entries too

Kindly give me a help

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ram,

Regarding taana, you'll find more information in SAP help: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/82/f0abb396969448a88863cd26a59182/frameset.htm

Missing statics in db02 could occur due a lot of reasons... you have to check some notes.

You can also ask your DBA admin for some help regarding table grow.

Also, it's important that you mark this question as unanswered or create a new thread to this specific question.

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks bansal and deigo .....And let me do a R&D on this and let you know if i have any queries

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the highest growing tables in DB02 -> Segments -> Overview -> Top growth.

Is there any data upload going on?

Have you scheduled the SAP standard jobs to reorg your dumps, spools, job logs etc...

or Have you activated the application logs?

You can delete old logs using tcode SLG2.

BALDAT - application log, this is only logging information, either try to write less or start deleting older entries. Check note 195157 - Application log: Deletion of logs ( as you already checked)

Regards,

Amit Barnawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram

Check this notes if you haven't already checked:

Note 195157 - Application log: Deletion of logs

1616768 - BALDAT and BALHDR application log tables are very large

Regarding table grow, and general table analysis there's a nice tool: transaction TAANA.

You can also check for table grow in DB02.

Cheers,

Diego.