cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not release my own Key Figure from DP to SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts,

As requirement, I have to run forecast for three Key Figures in Demand Planning (DP): Z_FK1, Z_KFK2, Z_FK3. Unit of measure of these Keyfigure are VND (currency Viet Nam Dong).

I added these Key Figures to DP Planning Area with name Z_DPPlan01.

I created a new Planning Area in SNP with name: Z_9ASNP02 by coppying from the standard 9ASNP02. Then I added the above Key Figures (Z_FK1, Z_KFK2, Z_FK3) into Z_9ASNP02 planning area.

After I runing forecast in DP, I tried to release value of three Key Figures into SNP with tcode: /n/sapapo/mc90. Although system informs that u201CRelease successfully executedu201D, nothing released from Z_DPPlan01 to Z_9ASNP02 when I check in SNP Planning book.

Question is:

How to configure Key Figures in SNP and DP (Sematic, Key Figure Function, Category, Category Groupu2026) so that we can release all three above Key Figures from DP to SNP?

Thanks very much for your help!

Duyennx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Duyennx,

Your question is not very clear. Some comments.

If you are not using 9AMATNR and 9ALOCNO as material and product Characteristic respectively in your DP PLanning area, then do the following:

Go to Planning Object Structure for your DP area Z_DPPlan01, choose "edit" (at top) -> Assign Product/Location.

Give the name of your custom Product, and custom location here. Also, in the release transaction or variant, you could give the names for these characteristics by clicking on "extended" under "object selection" section.

In SNP, try to use the SAP standard Key Figures (KFs) as far as possible. Exceptions to this could be if you want some specific time series KFs for some custom calculation. You don't need to add DP KFs to SNP, unless you need them for some calculation in SNP.

I assume you would have released the data from DP to SNP in the category FA. If this is the case, you could check that you have received data in Key Figure 9ADFCST in your planning area Z_9ASNP02.

PS: You can release data from only one DP KF to SNP at a time, so not clear what you mean by releasing 3 KFs to SNP? Similarly you would be carrying forecast only in one KF in DP. So, what is your requirement that you mentioned about using 3 KFs for forecast in DP?

Hope this helps you.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pawan,

Thanks very for your reply.

1. Firstly, I am using 9AMATNR and 9ALOCNO as material and product Characteristic respectively in my DP PLanning area.

2. According to the requirement, I need to forecast three different types of data. Each of these bases on one respectivec Historical data. So I use three different Key Figures to contain Forecast Data (Z_FK1, Z_KFK2, Z_FK3). Ofcourse, at a time I can run forecast for only one KF. Each Forecast Key Figure has one respective Key Figure as Historical data. To run Forecast for each Forecast KF, I maintained a respective Master Forecast Profile. Then I release the above Forecast KFs one by one to SNP (could not at the same time).

3. Unit of Measure (UOM) of above DP KFs are VND (Currency Viet Nam Dong), so I do not use standard SNP KFs. And I want to add DP KFs to SNP and configure with the same UOM in SNP.

4. Because I added my own Key Figure to my own created SNP Planning Area (Z_9ASNP02), in order to make them be able to receive released data from DP, what must I configure? For example:

- Semantic: 000

- Key Figure Function: u20181002u2019 or u20181003u2019

- Category Group:

+ AF1: Forecast (Additional)

+ or DF1: Requirement Forecast

- Category: FA (FC Req.), FC (Forecast)

-->??? Can all types of Key Figure Category Group and Key Figure Category can receive data from DP provided that when releasing (Tcode /n/sapapo/mc90) we point out the Category?

Thanks very much!

Duyennx

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First check whether data is released to SNP.You can check this from transaction /SAPAPO/RRp3.If there are forecast

orders in //RRP3 then the issue is with display of these orders in SNP planning book.Please make sure that you maintaned

categories to keyfigures in SNP in aggregate level 9AMALA and 9AMALO.

Hope this will helps you.

Regards,

Sunitha

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Xuanduyen,

1. Good to use standard Characteristics/KFs as far as possible. Within DP, its fine to use your own custom KFs, its not really an issue, as DP is not directly integrated with R/3 or with SNP, apart from release of planned independent requirements.

2. I did not understand your requirement. Do you want to have 3 different kind of forecasts for the same material-location combination (or any other characteristic level)? I am not able to think of a scenario in which you would do 3 different forecasts for same location product, except for simulation purpose, or reporting purpose.

You would use only one forecast for SNP planning for a location-product, and your product would possibly have the same UoM what you want for your DP and SNP area. If you need only one forecast KF for SNP purpose (I guess mostly you would), use 9ADFCST.

If you do 3 different kind of forecasts for different materials, e.g. one forecast for A class material, another one for B class, and third one for C class, then you can still use the same forecast KF. Your selections would be different in forecast runs, so you can still use the same forecast KF (against different CVCs). (You can use different "history" KFs in the different forecast profile). You could either:

a) Have your custom SNP planning area with the UoM VND. Also, materials with UoM VND. You can use this SNP planning area with standard KFs.

OR

b) Have your custom SNP planning area with UoM PCE (as in standard 9ASNP02), and maintain your UoM VND for the products. There is field called "UoM" in Key Figures tab, which you can tick if you want to display the KFs in the UoM of the product (which would be different than UoM of Planning area in this case). You would need to maintain UoM conversion for your product from VND to PCE in product master.

Do keep in mind that you would do some further planning in SNP (or in PPDS) where your forecast would be used (may be you would need SNP later if not now). So it's best to be as close to SNP standard as possible to avoid issues.

If you need 3 different forecast KFs (for the same material-location) for some reporting purpose in SNP, consider using 9ADFCST as the main SNP KF relevant for SNP planinng and creating 2 custom time series KF, which you can use for reporting. You can copy your Time Series KF from DP to Time Series KF in SNP using RTSCOPY functionality. Also, you can use the same time series KF in SNP as in DP.

3. Explained above regarding UoM. I think case A would suit your more.

4. If for some reason, you really need to use 3 different KFs for SNP planning (really USING them in SNP planning runs as opposed to just seeing them in SNP), do consider the further planning in SNP. SAP has given only DF1 and AF1. DF1 is the one commonly used. SNP will display KF data based on category group, and while releasing data from DP to SNP, you would release it based on categories. I would propose to still use 9ADFCST (so category FA) & 9AAFCST (so category FC). Create a third custom category group containing your custom category, and add this under 9AMALO. Give only your category group name & Semantic should be 000. Avoid this path if possible.

PS: If you can share your business (or end user) requirement, then it's possible to do more analysis & share more possible solutions.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pawan,

2 . The business requirements are:

Our customer is a bank that has many branches. They want to forecast for each branches:

- The Total money (all denominations) will be issued in next quater (Z_KF1). This base on historical data (Z_HIS1)

- The total money (all denominations)will be received in next quater (Z_KF2). This base on historical data (Z_HIS2)

Base on these forecast KFs, we need to calculate the Average of Total money will be received and Issued in next quarter (Z_KF3 = (Z_KF1+ZKF2)/90.

90 is the number of days in a Quarter.

We need to release the three KFs from DP to SNP for further calculation and reporting. As said previously, I added three time series KFs Z_KF1, Z_KF2, Z_KF3 to SNP Planning Area (Z_9ASNP02)

If could not release, we can coppy. But the problem is that: in DP, beside standard characteristics 9AMATNR and 9ALOCNO, we also added more custom characteristics like Z_TYPE (to generate CVCs and to drill down money by type (cotton, polymer, coin)). So when I run the Tcode /n/sapapo/tscopy, despite of the fact that in u201CCharacteristic Assignmentu201D I only assigned 9AMATNR and 9ALOCNO from source to target, system show message like:

-

3 combinations not contained in target master planning object structure

Message no. /SAPAPO/MSDP_REL108

Diagnosis

Characteristic combinations exist in the source planning area's master planning object structure that are not contained within the master planning object structure of the target planning area.

System Response

The source data of these characteristic combinations is not written to to the target planning area.

-

So, How to copy with my case?

4.Please Explain more about:

u201CCreate a third custom category group containing your custom category, and add this under 9AMALO. Give only your category group name & Semantic should be 000u201D

4.1.I can creat a custom category group under menu path:

SAP Reference IMG u2192 Advanced Planning and Optimization u2192 Supply Chain Planning u2192 Supply Network Planning

u2192 Basic Settings u2192 Maintain Category Groups.

But where can I create my custome category? Is this menu path:

SAP Reference IMG u2192 Advanced Planning and Optimization u2192 Global Available-to-promise (Global ATP) u2192 General Settings u2192 Maintain Category

In this path, I can see to folder:

-u201CSAP categoriesu201D: We could not create new category in this folder

- and u201Cnon-SAP Categoriesu201D: I can press button u201CNew Entriesu201D and key in Data like:

oCategory: TT

oCategory text: TT

oCategory Description: TT

oSort String: 99

oCategory type: Requirements (I also tried with Forecast, Stock, Receipt)

And then, press u201CSaveu201D button. But system always create message:

-

u201CEnter values in work area for non-key fields

Message no. SV174

Diagnosis

An entry has been made for a non-key field in the view or table, which does not satisfy a selection condition stored in the Dictionary or made in the maintenance transaction initial screen.

System Response

The values entered cannot be accepted.

Procedure

Ensure that your entry is correct. This data record will not be displayed if you use the same selection conditions again.u201D

-

I donu2019t know what wrong here. How to create my custom Category? Here is u201Cnon-SAP Categoriesu201D, Is there any problem if we create category with this type?

4.2 How to add custom Category Group under 9AMALO? Which T-code we use?

5. By the way, Please clearly explain for me:

5.1. What are differences between u201CTime series live cacheu201D and u201COrder live cacheu201D?

5.2. What are differences between releasing KFs from DP to SNP and copying KFs from DP to SNP?

Thanks very much for your help!

Edited by: xuanduyen on Dec 31, 2011 4:38 AM

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

2. For RTSCOPY: I assume that in characteristic assignment you already deleted everything else apart from 9amatnr and 9alocno. If not, done already, please do so. Next come to 'grouping condition'. Only keep 9alocno and 9amatnr here. UNcheck the ticks for other characteristics. From your error message, I guess you already did this as well. If not, please take care of this also.

You seem to be missing 3 location products in SNP (basically in APO), or might be you need to recreate your SNP Area time series again or correct time series inconsistency in SNP planning area.

Click on "Display log" in RTSCOPY screen, and select the time when you ran your job or report. In the logs, you would see which characteristic combinations are not contained in target MPOS (meaning which location products are missing in SNP or for whom the time series do not exist). If location products are missing in APO, create them directly or via CIF. If they already exist, then go to /sapapo/msdp_admin, select your SNP planning area. From top, select extras-> consistency checks, time series. Run it for your SNP planning area after checking all the options. This shoudl resolve the time series issue for the 3 missing location products.

3. In Non-SAP, try creating forecast type of category without giving a sort string i.e. sort string will be zero. Give a category name starting with Z. Then assign this to your custom category group which should also start with Z.

4. For addition to 9amalo, you go to /sapapo/msdp_admin. select your planning area, go to key figures, click on "details". The very first column in your view now is "planning object structure", and initial value would be 9asnpbas. Keep scrolling down you will find other values for planning object structures, and Key figures under them. You need to enter a row corresponding to 9amalo (as planning object structure) and your SNP Key figure here.

5. I will try to explain in some simple words. Mostly SNP and PPDS order data is order based, i.e. order is the base for storage. So, you might be talking about sales order, purchase orders, etc which are stored in livecache as order series. In case of DP, data is stored in time series based KFs. (There are some more complexities, but let me not confuse you more). Time series means that data is stored against a particular time bucket. The way these time series or order series data will be stored in (or can be fetched from) livecache is different. While releasing, you copy time series data from DP to order series data in SNP. On the other hand, RTSCOPY copy function is for time series, which means you copy from DP time series data to SNP time series data.

Hope this helps.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pawan,

Firstly, I wish all best for you and your family, your friends in the new year!

Thanks very much for your helpful answers.

Following your instruction, I have tested and found that both releasing and copying work well.

With your explaination, I can understand overview of Time Series Live Cache and Order Series Live cache in.

Because they are very important terminologies, so, now, It is very kind of you to explain more about them without being afraid of making me confuse

5.3. You said that: "Time series means that data is stored against a particular time bucket". I found that Orders in SNP are also saved with specific time. So please explain more about that.

5.4. You said that: "The way these time series or order series data will be stored in (or can be fetched from) livecache is different". Can you explain more about these differences?

Thanks very much!

Duyennx

Edited by: xuanduyen on Jan 4, 2012 4:35 PM

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the best way to under the different ways of data storage would be to look at SAP help first:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/ae/127c39f303a423e10000000a114084/content.htm

It gives very good information about the data storage.

Have a look, and if you still have some specific question to be asked, you could ask the same.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pawan,

Thanks very much for your answers.

They are very helpful to me.

Duyennx

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

lingaiahvanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not possible to transfer DP 3 key figures to SNP 3 key figures at a time.

You can transfer only one key figure with category FA or FB only.

Thank you,

LV

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an issue in SNP planning book where I can't copy data from Forecast ( additional) which is FC category key figure in to ZE category keyfigure ( custom keyfigure ) configured as livecache order keyfigure. We are trying to use this keyfigure as a receipt qty in CTM run. To get the qty in to this keyfigure from DP, I am releasing in to FC cetegory keyfigure and then using a macro to copy from FC to ZE. I have configured the ZE category, assigned it in to a custom ZF1 category group and then assigned these in to Keyfigure in SNP planning area in all the aggregates. This keyfigure is set with 000 semantic. Please help.

thanks,

RS