cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change lists in PI transports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can anyone please explain me the role of change lists in PI transports.

Manytimes when we import a PI transport from Dev to Quality, we are getting an error that an object is already in change list. So we had to manually transfer that object to our name and then activate it to see the changes. But sometimes, we are not seeing this error and transport is going smoothly. So why we are seeing this error sometimes and not other times?

Does the changes in transport always go to change lists first and then to target system? If so, why do they stuck at change lists under CTSADMIN id.

Please enlighten me on this.

Your inputs are highly appreciated and rewarded.

Regards,

Ram.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ram,

Suppose you transport Object A from Dev to Qua. Now Object A is in quality but in Change list yet to be activated. Now if the developer make some changes again for object A, now if you trasport A before activating the change list before then you will get such error.

For you reference:

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

So whenever we transport any object from Dev to Qua, it will be there in the change list of Qua. Do we need to activate it in change list everytime we transport, or it should be activated automatically. If it was not activated and we make changes to the same object and again transport, it will give error like i said. So when that error comes, does it mean it is in change list of CTSADMIN?? Because, whenever we see this error, we see the object is in change list of CTSADMIN, where we transfer it to our id and the activate it.

So ideally can we assume like this: This kind of error comes only when we import the object, which have already been imported previously and was not activated. If this is the case, when we import a new object, this error should not come? Am i the right direction??

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Your Understanding is correct.

- We always have to actiavte the change list whenever we transport objects from one system to another (New Objects and Changed objects)

- The Error that you are getting will come whenever the object is already in change list and not activated. This can happen in below two cases:

1) When two scenarios accessing same object (example: Communication channel), and two scenarios are transported one after other.

2) When one object is already in change list and you try to transport the changed version of that particular object again.

Regards,

-Pooja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

Thanks for the reply.

So, everytime when we transport a object to next system, we need to activate the objects in change list of dev.

So when we release the request from Dev, they come to change list of Development and there we need to activate?

Another thing, for the error, "Object already exists in change list of quality", it means that the object was imported once to quality and was not activated later, and when trying to import its changed version, we are getting this error?

So, everytime when we import a object to quality, do we need to activate the object in quality change list manually after importing it to quality?

Actually the error we got is "Unable to transfer communication component XX_YYYY to change list XI_7.1 Import since object is already in change list XI_7.1".

Regards,

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ram,

When you release it objects from DEV to QUA, the objects will be in Change list of the your QUA. You need to activate them first.

Another thing, for the error, "Object already exists in change list of quality", it means that the object was imported once to quality and was not activated later, and when trying to import its changed version, we are getting this error?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> YES

So, everytime when we import a object to quality, do we need to activate the object in quality change list manually after importing it to quality?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Not activate manually, you need to check any objects in change list pending for activation if present then activate them.

I hope this clarifies your doubt.

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Thanks very much for your reply.

Yes, it clarified my doubts regarding this.

Regards,

Ram.

Answers (0)