cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSV file format and commands

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm aware of the SAP document on CSV files ("Catalog in CSV2.0 Format" or http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ccm20/helpdata/en/e1/eddebb4b63453cbf209027e0816b8c/content.htm), but it doesn't really go too deep into the way CCM is handling commands like 'full' or 'update' that are put on the first line of the uploaded file.

Basically, I'm looking for an equivalant of 'delete' to selectively edit the model and the data via uploads. I have other CCM documentation like the cookbook or master guide, but couldn't find anything there either. I'm also not looking for general discussion on CSV outside of SAP.

Any suggestions?

TIA,

greg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Greg: charles is correct - you cannot delete schema elements or catalog items selectively via a CSV upload in standard.

However, you can achieve item deletion via an enhancement:

- create a custom characteristic, e.g. DELETE (or ACTION)

- write code in the BAdI /CCM/CTLG_ENRICHMENT to evaluate values in this characteristic

- put values indicating deletion (e.g. TRUE, or DELETE, or some such) against select items in your csv load file

- the BAdI will read those values and delete the items

In terms of selective deletion of schema elements, maybe you can achieve this via the same BAdI, but I have not done or come across that.

Cheers,

Serguei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sergei,

These are very good tips, however, I was wondering if there is any way to edit an XML file and load it up just I would the CSV file. So far, my testing has only resulted in this error:

"Unable to determine RFC destination for HTTP Adapter"

I only hope that I don't need the J2EE server to enable XML uploads. I was also thinking about opening another thread on this topic.

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Greg: your error message "Unable to determine RFC destination for HTTP Adapter" is most likely caused by incomplete CCM configuration.

1. Go to:

SPRO > SAP Reference IMG > Cross-Application Components > SAP Catalog Content Management > SAP Catalog Authoring Tool > Specify Settings for Updating Catalogs

2. Check what values you have in the field <b>RFC Destination for XML Transformation</b>.

Most likely you have nothing (or an incorrect value) there. For more info, check the <a href="https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000567072006E/Cookbook-CCM20.pdf">CCM 2.0 Configuration Cookbook</a>.

Cheers,

Serguei

Former Member
0 Kudos

test

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Greg: This is wierd. I got the following e-mail notification of your new post:

<i>Sergei,

Ok, I've made some progress, the configuration is now in place. However, I got another error:

<b>Internal error in SLD API</b>

I believe SLD is only available via J2EE, so without it I can't move any further or there is something else I could check?

Thanks for responding,

greg</i>

But on the forum itself, I see only the word <i>test</i>. Anyway, I'll reply per notification.

I am not intimate with the Technical part of the CCM setup. The Basis team does this on our project. You definitely need XI (including SLD) configured for CCM as part of Technical config. I believe the cookbook has all of the Technical config covered, so just follow it closely.

Cheers,

Serguei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

Did you have any luck resolving this 'internal SLD API' error ? I'm getting the same one.

thanks,

regards,

kristof

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

As per Standard CCM. There is no option to delete via uploading the CSV 2.0 Format. You can delete the item via XML file uploading process.

regards,

Charles