cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's,

My client want to satisy the past sales orders(10 Days old), we are runnig depolyment optimizer in our system.

Example : - If i am running Depolyment optimizer today i.e 29/12/2012, he want the system to consider the sales order 10 days before one from the current date.

I have a sales order # 123 the reqested date is 20/12/2012, when i am pulling it from ECC it should reflect as 29/12/2012 or my system has to run the depolyment optimizer starting from 29/12/2012.

I understand in the Planning Book there is an option of Offset, is this the correct method to do, else do we have any alternate solution where i can change the SO date fo that my system can consider it from today's date when i run depolyment optimizer.

Awaiting for your reply in this regard.

Regards,

Arabind

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arabind,

I am not so sure about Deployment Optimizer considering demand in the past in some way (I am not sure if offset would help you. If offset works, then this is the possible standard solution for you. I assume that you did not maintain planning start date and planning end date in your variant for Deployment Optimizer run, otherwise thsi would need to be changed as well).

However, I do have a comment about Sales Orders. Do not consider changing the dates of Sales Orders as this could lead to other issues in SNP, GATP, etc. R/3 is the master system for Sales Orders, so APO should be in sync with R/3.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ada/Pawan,

Thank you for your inputs.

Ada - I am forced to Run depolyment optimzer only i dont have any other option with the client business requirement.

Pawan - I have checked the variant & we have not given any Planning horizon in it, so let me know if i give 19/12/2012 instead of todays date will my purpose of considering the past 10 days will slove, if so doesnt it have any other impact.

Guru's did any one had workd out on this option if so let me know...

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Arabind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

I tired to change the Planning book start date as 21/12//2011 in the data view & also changed depolyment horizon with the planning horizon where the start date is 21/12/2011 to 30/06/2012 as 6 months planning.

But i still see when i run depolyment run it started showing me the results from the current date & that from 21st.

Do let me know if there are any other settings which i need to make in order to get the results from 21/12/2011.

Kindly advise as i am in need of the solution. Awaiting for your reply in this regard.

Regards,

Arabind

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arabind,

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem possible in any SAP standard way for the Deployment Optimizer to consider Sales Orders in the past. Even if you want to look for some exit, your requirement would be a big change and in huge contrast to SAP standard way of working. So, it's not advisable to think in this direction.

If you can answer some questions regarding the SNP process, then may be it would be possible to identify some alternative?

What all are you doing in SNP (at high level)? What are you trying to achieve?

Do you use SNP Heuristics, Optimizer or CTM in your current design? Do you publish results of Deployment directly to R/3? Or do you further use TLB results for publishing to R/3? Or don't publish Deployment/TLB results at all? Why do you need to consider the old Sales Orders? Wouldn't they have already got supplied by some PReq or PO? Do you really need Deployment Optimizer (Can't Deployment Heuristics take care of your business requirement)?

SNP Heuristics followed by Deployment Heuristics could allow you to plan supply for demands in the past. However before proposing an alternative, your business process needs to be understood at least at high level.

Best of luck.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arabind,

How many days sales orders do you have open in the system?

If it is only 10 days, you could try the method below.

Activate forecast horizon for these packs so past forecasts will be ignored and only sales orders will be considered for planning.

If you have sales orders older than 10 days open in APO, you could follow one of the methods below.

- Delete older orders before planning in APO or

- Modify your dataview used in Dep optimizer only to have 10 days in past instead of all past demands.

If you try this out, pls let us know if it works.

Regards,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

We use only Depolyment optimizer with my Client.

My results are used for the movement of the material basically, n how can i move material without involving high cost & moving them without keeping by not using them.

we use depolyment n then run the TLB n pushed to R/3. as per my business requirement i can run only depolyment optimizer then the TLB. Kindly suggest.

Hi Ashok,

i was not understanding what exactly is this activate forecast horizon for these packs, can you pls elobrate on this.

Regarding your suggestions i have tried to modify the dataview by 10 days & even given the values in deplyment palnning horizon as well but inspite of that my planning is generated from the current date.

Do let me know if there are any other settings which need to done after changing in the data view.

Regards,

Arabind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arabind,

"Forecast horizon in past" check box is available in SNP 2 tab of product master.

If you check this the past forecast for this product will not be considered for planning.

Regarding the data view, have checked the supply shortage key figure value for today's in the data view?

Does it reflect only the shortage for todays demand or past demands also?

Regards,

Ashok

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arabind,

Ashoka asked you to maintain a forecast horizon in product master in APO so that forecast wouldn't get considered in total demand (with the assumption that you use requirement strategy as 20).

As you already checked that even when you are changing the configuration for Deployment Optimizer, it still doesn't plan for the past. I won't say that it won't be possible to change the behaviour to include the past, but you would most likely be changing a lot of code in some exit. It's not really advisable.

SNP Heuristics would consider the past demand, and would plan for it. Then if you run Deployment Heuristics, it could convert (confirm) your Heuristics planned stock transfers to Deployment stock transfer. This same situation doesn't arise with Deployment Optimizer as there doesn't seem to be any alternative to consider the SNP result directly in anyway. And as a matter of fact, Optimizer can't optimize with constraint of considering SNP planned results (I mean converting them).

May be some one else could come up with a possible solution for you. All I can think of is:

1) SNP Heuristics or Optimizer follwed by Deployment Heuristics

2) Badi and it would be too complex.

Best of luck.

Thanks - Pawan

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are you sure you want use deployment optimizer to acheive this? This sounds to me like planning run instead of deployment ...

Planning run can be done by Huristic, Optimizer, or CTM.

Could you please clarify?

Best Regards,

Ada