Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organization Structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here are the questions I encountered while preparing:

Q.1

Becuase of the unique assignment of the sales organisation and company code, the system will automatically derive the company code when you enter the sales organisation in the FI document. This statement is marked WRONG.

Becuase of the unique assignment of the sales organisation and company code, the system will automatically derive the company code when you enter the sales organisation in the sales order. This statement is marked CORRECT.

I don't understand what could be the reason?

Q.2

Why are some trading materials assigned a Profit Center while others are not? I don't really know what a Profit center does. I know what it is from SAP definition.

Q.3

There are valuated non-stock, non-valuated stock, non-valuated non-stock, valuated stock. I really can't comprehend in layman's terms what is going on here?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In FI document, you will not input sales organisation. Only Company Code and hence, the first statement is wrong. Similarly, you input only sales areas when you create sale order, system will determine company code automatically which is right.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

For question 1,you can go to spro,enterprise structure/assigment/sales distribution/assign sales organization to company, then you will see relationship between them, multiple sales organizations can be assigned to one company code.

For question 2,Organizational unit in Accounting that reflects a management-oriented structure of the organization for the purpose of internal control.

Operating results for profit centers can be analyzed using either the cost-of-sales approach or the period accounting approach.

By analyzing the fixed capital as well, you can expand your profit centers for use as investment centers.

For question 3 , please refer below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_di471/helpdata/en/90/ba6d22446711d189420000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well Allen you misunderstood the statement I think. I know a company code can have several Sales Org. BUT a Sales Org. can not have more than one company code! So why is it that the FI documents do not pick up the Company Code themselves automatically when Sales Organization is entered?

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Q.1 Becuase of the unique assignment of the sales organisation and company code, the system will automatically derive the company code when you enter the sales organisation in the FI document. This statement is marked WRONG. Becuase of the unique assignment of the sales organisation and company code, the system will automatically derive the company code when you enter the sales organisation in the sales order. This statement is marked CORRECT. I don't understand what could be the reason?

This is b'coz of 3 integration point for FI - SD. Which are:

a) when sales org is assigned to company code

b) account determination

c) allocation & reference number transfered to accounting on releasing the billing doc to accounts.

Q.2 Why are some trading materials assigned a Profit Center while others are not? I don't really know what a Profit center does. I know what it is from SAP definition.

In modern age accounting, the people-in-charge of the profit center are responsible for its balance of costs and revenues.That means determine they profits and losses by profit center. These are used for internal control. For example, management time to time area of performance and control. Thus, similar sort of units or group of people can be group together for results. Now, question would be then why cost center? Well, cost center will only represent cost raised. Thus, profit center will be helpful in calculation of profits for companies internally.

Q.3 There are valuated non-stock, non-valuated stock, non-valuated non-stock, valuated stock. I really can't comprehend in layman's terms what is going on here?

As per my experience, you have two kind of stock:

1- Valuated Stock

2- Non Valuated Stock

And non stock item will not be inventoried or taken on/to the system.

It will be of great of you to enlighten us, in which context these type of stock came up. If you can share the link for the same.

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no FI document which needs to be populated sales organization, but if you create a billing, then the billing will capture sales organization data which was copied from its sales order, then system will identify the company code automatically as per the relationship between company code and sales organization,hope it helps to answer your question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess I have pretty much everything I asked for. I am looking into the stock types. Thank you everyone!