Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Change the Node Property 'Selection' to 0..n or 1..n

former_member217546
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

currently I am working with some standard webdynpro component, in that i can able to select single row at a time,

Now i have to enhance the component like to select the multiple rows of an ALV.

existed Properties of the Context node are

cardinality 0..n

selection 0..1

I have used the method IF_SALV_WD_TABLE_SETTINGS~SET_SELECTION_MODE as MULTI , to select multiple rows.

here problem is i am unable to change the 'SELECTION' property of a context node to 0..n or 1..n programatically.

I could not find any methods to set the 'Selection' property of a node.

can anyone give me solution?

Thanks & regards.

sudheer.B

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i just want you to check the importance of this

IF_WD_CONTEXT_NODE~SET_CHANGED_BY_CLIENT - set as true so that what ever changes you make to standard ones through coding are implemented...first donot set this parameter and test the things...if still things doesnot work out then use this parameter...Please go through the documentation before you really use this parameter.

in ALV - you have you use if_salv_wd-table_settings~set_selection_state - > as MULTI..but if this placed you selection should be 0-n or 1-n...otherwise it may go for a dump...i guess there should be some workaround...for this..

may be we have to debug to get the things done....

Lukas -

If IF_WD_CONTEXT_NODE_INFO~IS_MULTIPLE_SELECTION would be set to ABAP_TRUE... - > This will not set the value that retuns the value...

Edited by: Lekha on Dec 29, 2011 1:38 PM

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's more of an idea than a solution:

If IF_WD_CONTEXT_NODE_INFO~IS_MULTIPLE_SELECTION would be set to ABAP_TRUE... this might have the wanted effect. Still, I don't like the thought of changing something like cardinality/selection outside of design time

Cheers, Lukas

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

Just now i checked in If_wd_context_node interface. we dont have any methods to change the cardinaliity of node.

If i am wrongs, let wait for other reply.

Regards

Srinvias