cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support and Maintenance Activities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am newly came to xi in few months back.

I am presently working on development in sap xi but i will be work on support also in further.

So any one can send the Support and Maintenance Activities in SAP XI/PI or share any sample resumes for support project roles and responsibilities for SAP XI.

So could you please help in this regard.

Thank you.

Regards,

Deepak.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member192238
Participant
0 Kudos

Deepak,

Go through this link

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tips/XI/ProjectActivities.htm

Regards

Praveen Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you so much for quickly respond and your inputs valid for me.

But i need support project few points for roles and responsibilities for SAP XI or support project roles and responsibilities for SAP XI.

Regards,

Deepak.

Edited by: Deepak1812 on Dec 29, 2011 10:43 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepak,

The support activities in general will have the following tasks

1. Daily Sanity Checks --> Includes check the status of the channels, various components in RWB. Basically this step ensures that there is no problem in Integration Server before start of business hours

2. Monitoring Messages --> This includes monitoring message in ABAP stack using sxmb_moni and inform the respective process owners if any issue/error in the messages. Incase of errors in message you will get an alert if you are support team member provided alert is configured

3. Disaster Recovery Drills --> The drills will be performed (yearly once) to ensure, if during disaster how well the backup server as well as resources endure.

4. Project specific checks --> There might be certain steps you need to perform based on the projects like to start and stop the communications channels

5. Co-ordination --> This involves co-ordination with other process/system owners.

Rest, regarding the documents will be available if you search on SDN or else links provided by fellow SDN Contributors above!

Happy Supporting!

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Daily Monitoring - you have to check the messages are processing successfully or not.

2. End to End Monitoring

3. they raise a tickets, you have to solve that issues or errors.

regards,

ganesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Roles and Responsibilities in support:

1.You have to check daily monitoring for status of XI(Support system) and SAP System,to use T.codes for

SAP System: ZS41,SM58 and PI System:SXMB_MONI_BPE(Continue Process Following Error ),SM58,SMQ2,ST22,IDX1,IDX2.

2.You have to face already processed duplicate files rejected by XI then you will change a file names and post a files once

again in production system (not development system) then those files reached target systems successfully.

3.you got a any assaigned tickets then you will resolved at particular time(at mentioned when did you finish this task).

4.you can attend the transision call to onsite people regarding for resolving the issues.

5.End to End Monitoring in RWB

Regards,

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While working in a Production Support and Maintenance project, we have to perform a series of day to day activities as a responsibility of an SAP PI / XI consultant. Here, I would like to list a series of steps that may be useful to monitor the PI / XI Production server.

J2EE Engine side monitoring:

1. Enter the URL for all the instances of your Production Server http://<hostname>:5<sys#>00/rep/start/index.jsp

Make sure that these links are responding.

2. Go to Runtime Workbench (RWB) using URL http://<hostname>:5<sys#>00/rwb

and perform the following:

a) Click on Component Monitoring and then click on display and then to Monitor your Adapter engine click on Adapter Engine.

b) In Adapter Engine Monitoring, monitor the adapter with errors.

c) After doing this monitoring activity click on Message Monitoring.

d) To do this click on Message Monitoring Tab.

e) Now choose free entry from start/end date combo Box and then choose the status of messages that were processed by Adapter engine.

f) Check the messages for To be delivered state.

g) Check the messages for Delivering state.

h) Check the messages for All containing error state.

i) Use filter in this monitor page if needed.

Once done with all of the above activities means we are done with J2EE Engine side Monitoring.

ABAP side monitoring:

1. Use SXMB_MONI. Transaction to monitor the messages which are processed through the entire XI pipeline that is Integration Server.

2. Use SXMB_MONI_BPE Transaction to monitor the messages which are processed by BPE (Business Process Engine).

3. Use SM37 to check the Job status.

4. Use SMQR Transaction for monitoring the XI Run Time queues (I/B, O/B Queues).

5. Use SMQ1 Transaction for monitoring the XI Run Time queues (O/B Queues).

6. Use SMQ2 Transaction for monitoring the XI Run Time queues (I/B Queues).

7. Use SLDCHECK to check SLD Connection. If there are any red entries then report it to SAP Basis Team.

8. Run transaction SM21 (Read System Log) on the XI server to look for error messages around the time you got the error.

9. Check the all instances of your Production Server are running fine.

To check this, use SM51 transaction. All instances should be in active state

Now we are done with ABAP side Monitoring.

Check the log and Traces file

Check the URL for server monitoring

http://<hostname>:5<sys#>00/MessagingSystem/monitor/systemStatus.jsp

please go through below blog,

http://pdpsappireference.blogspot.com/2010/10/sap-pi-monitoring-activities.html

regards,

ganesh.