cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Length of user fields on WBS increased

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had a requirement for which we had to increase the length of the standard user fields on WBS elements in order to input longer values. I need to test this in development. Please let me know what all aspects/impacts , tcodes do I need to test. There is a change in the standard fields so we want to do a sound testing such that there are no impacts in future.

Your valuable inputs are highly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

You need to check all std SAP reports as there are only 24 char filed existed in SAP reports.

Regards

Keshav

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is not possible to increase the length of the standard fields, or not should be done. You should develop your custom fields according your requeriments.

Regards,

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies, the developers have already increased the field in DEV. I need to test it now in DEV so dont want to miss any imp step, please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all - whther its possible to increase field for User field is possible or not that I dont know to be very honest.

Secondly if it is possible then - you need to be very careful and wants to test lot of things like:

1. Reports for these user fields.

2. If any Z reports or some programs whereever reference from these fields taken those needs to be checked for increased in field lenght. Sometime my observation is that - if we change field then surely we will get RC as 4 or if major problem then 8 also. So be careful

3. Also you can take help from ABAPer to get information like where used for those fields.

4. Check for exiting projects also.

5. I will suggest test all Standard PS transaction code.