Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control on quantity and price between version 2 and version 0

reena_ghadge
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client works on scenario where the cost planning (boq upload) is done in version 2 and operative is version 0, now the requirement is that, when they want to create a reservation the system should trigger error if change in quantity and price

for eg: 'X' material quantity is 10 nos. in version 2 (plan) and in the operative version 0 if the reservation is put for 11 nos then the system should trigger an error.

Also, if "X" item price is 10 rupees each and at the time of reservation after 1 year if it 20 rupees each then the system should prompt an error for change in price (NOT AVAC for budget exceed)

Kindly suggest if this can be done.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For price check, AVAC will do the job, no need to go for different solution.

else,

you will need development for both price and quantity checking while creating reservation.

or

reservations can be generated automatically from the project if you attach the same materials as in BOQ to in activities in project. This way reservation will be created only for the required quantity only. For price either use AVAC or go for development.

Regards,

Harsh.

reena_ghadge
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

>

> For price check, AVAC will do the job, no need to go for different solution....

> else,

> you will need development for both price and quantity checking while creating reservation.

> or

> reservations can be generated automatically from the project if you attach the same materials as in BOQ to in activities in project. This way reservation will be created only for the required quantity only. For price either use AVAC or go for development.

>

> Regards,

> Harsh.

Hi,

AVAC will check the budget, they want a control on change in price.

Development has to be done from two different version please clarify how this can be done.

Boq can be uploaded in the operative project but they can even add a extra quantity or raise a new PR...kindly correct

Regards,

Reena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As i understood, apart from materials in BOQ you don't want any quantity change, reservations made, price change.

For controlling price, first check with MM consultant that if they are using Moving average price or standard price.

You can only put check in case of standard price. You cannot put any kind of control on moving average price as it gets updated automatically in the system.

Yes they can change quantity and raise new PR, but this can be controlled to a certain level using . For full controll go for development.

Single development should be done, discuss with ABAper.

I want to know how thins will flow in case BOQ is changed?

Regards,

Harsh.

reena_ghadge
Participant
0 Kudos

Thankyou Harsh for your prompt response.

I want to know that cost planning/ BOQ upload is done in version 2 and operative is version 0 can a control for change in quantity / reservation for higher quantity than BOQ made be done.

The client wants to put a control on creation of reservation than planned

Regards,

Reena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, it can be done. Go for development where you can compare data between 2 versions.

But do check with MM consultant for price control.

Regards,

Harsh.

Edited by: Harsh Saxena on Jan 3, 2012 12:41 PM

reena_ghadge
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

For development how do i relate both the versions and which are the tables and fields for getting BOQ uploaded and cost planning data.

Regards,

Reena

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

reena_ghadge
Participant
0 Kudos

Can anyone suggest something.....

Regards,

Reena