cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Directory D:usrsapPRDDVEBMGS00log too big

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

My D:\usr\sap\PRD\DVEBMGS00\log directory is occupying too much space and I only have 4GB space left for drive D:\. Is it safe to delete the .AUD files which are dated on the past?

1. If yes, should I shutdown SAP in the process? or is it ok to delete it even SAP is online?

2. If no, what are other alternatives to free up some spaces?

Please suggest.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there any other big files you see under ...\log directory like TRACEXX.LOG?

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My D:\usr\sap\PRD\DVEBMGS00\log directory is occupying too much space and I only have 4GB space left for drive D:\. Is it safe to delete the .AUD files which are dated on the past?

Yes,Its safe to delete old .AUD files from the system and its recommended by SAP too.Keep files older than 30 days or 90 days depending on yr clients need.Additionally you can delete old application log files - SLG1.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/b6/d6af916bc011d1a56c0000e835363f/content.htm

1. If yes, should I shutdown SAP in the process? or is it ok to delete it even SAP is online?

You can do it online.No need to shutdown instance.

2. If no, what are other alternatives to free up some spaces?

Atlernatively,you can ask your platform team to add some more space on to this drive.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your response, sorry for the delay in reply, it's just now that I got time for this maintenance.

Hi Siva,

I have some trace logs, about 11 of them are on size 17,000 kb. These are dated Nov.17 to 18 of year 2011. Are these files safe to delete?

Hi Sravanthi,

1. I have checked the notes but seems not available on site?

2. Jobs: SWFSLSDLEX, SWWCOND, SWWDHEX, and SWWERRE. Are these jobs necessary to schedule?

Thank you in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Older trace logs are OK to delete (ALSO check the retention period of logs and traces in your enviroment as per business or you can move to different folder to save space).

SWFSLSDLEX, SWWCOND, SWWDHEX, and SWWERRE are Workflow jobs, if you have WorkFlow enabled on your system then its better to schedule. Refer to below link

http://www.abaphr.com/basic-customization-for-sap-workflow/

SWFSLSDLEX does the Job of triggering deadline monitoring of BPM (if you have BPM enabled ,then you need this job)

Regards,

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can't get reclaim much space by deleting those trace files since these are very small ones. What are other big files under log directory? Could you please list out the files here?

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1). You can remove the older logs from one directory to other till no one complaints and delete it later. Files which end with .AUD and TRACE files.

2). You don't have to stop SAP to move older date logs

As Siva, suggested check for bigger Trace files and also check any tracing has been turned on.

Also, please check whether, your SAP Standard jobs are running as recommended.

Check Note

16083 - Standard jobs, reorganization jobs

Note 1034532 - Changes for standard jobs

6604 Deleting job logs at operating system level

16513 File system is full - what do I do?

48400 Reorganization of TemSe and Spool

666290 Deleting "orphaned" job logs

Thanks,

Sravanthi