cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing : best way to multiply by weeks in month

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have what I hope is a simple pricing question.

I have a calculation where i have to Quantity X Rate X No Weeks in month ( calculated with fixed amount or number of fridays in the month ).

Each key figure needs to be printed on Order and Invoice.

What would the experts out there suggest as the best way of doing it ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have a calculation where i have to Quantity X Rate X No Weeks in month ( calculated with fixed amount or number of fridays in the month ).

You can use standard condition type PR00 (or copy of it) to do Quantity X Rate. For multiplying the No Weeks in a month, add a routine with required logic (a factory calendar can be referenced) against in the condition type in the column Condition formula for alternative calculation type in the pricing procedure (t.code V/08).

Each key figure needs to be printed on Order and Invoice.

You can add the required logic in the output print programs, belongs to the output condition types defined in t.code V/30 and V/40.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

So you would do it all in one condition ?

I have to change the way the days of month is calculated depending on the customer - i guess i could use different condition types for each one ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

You would go for a new condition type only if it is a different type of calculation / discount / surcharge etc.

If you want to base different ways of calculating no of weeks in a month based on customer, it is better to capture your calculating strategy in a custom table driven by customer number and query it in a Condition value formula in VOFM and assign it as"alternate calculation type" against your condition type in your pricing procedure.

This way you easily change calculation for any customer in future without coding changes