cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC Admin Passwords

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a team of two GRC Administrators and am strugling with how to get them admin access to the JAVA side in our production environment without causing audit risk. Right now, I don't allow our GRC Admin team to have configuration change access in the GRC JAVA environment. When they run into an issue that requires a config change, they are required to open a ticket and request the GRC Admin account (ex. CC_ADMIN, AE_ADMIN) from me. After they are finished, I change the password again. The problem is that I don't work the same hours as both admins, so we have run into issues where a GRC Admin can't resolve an issue because they can't reach me for the admin account password. How are other companies managing Administrator (config change) access on the JAVA side of GRC production? Are you allowing your admin team to have access to the passwords on the default GRC JAVA accounts (CC_ADMIN, AE_ADMIN, PC30_ADMIN), are you adding administrative portal roles directly to their grc accounts in production, that provide admin access, or are you maintaining some type of check out / check in system?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

This really depends on your audit requirements. Configuration changes are supposed to be logged, so an option could be grant them access but perform a basis control of the changes performed. If this option is nos suitable you can create customized roles!! you can grant permission to specific things. Check security guide under section 6.2Customizing the Front End Roles. You have a lot of different actions that you can allow or restrict.

Cheers,

Diego.