cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello every one

I have requirement like this i have some source files (which are DESADV IDoc files), which are to be converted XML files.

The inbound or source file format to PI is the DESADV (DELVRY01) IDoc. I know that it is possible to make a direct connection from SAP R/3 to PI (by using Idoc to File Scenario), but for now or for the time being my manager wnat to use IDoc file for input to PI. We may change that sometime in the future but for now i am told to proceed with this approach.

[C:\Users\sl1021\Desktop\ALU_eSpares_GAP_ASN_OUTB_Ver6.xls]

the above link is my spec

i am going to do file to file scenario using FCC since my source file is Idoc flat file below is link for one of those source files

[C:\Users\sl1021\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_ALU_eSpares_ShowShip-20111226.zip\Source-Dely-0501560218_O_BNAGLE_______20100104_101746]

The problem is iam stuck at data type creation, i have checked sdn but my effort went into vain, can any one please give me the source data type structure for this please

My question might be simple, but i am new to sap PI, can any one please help me out.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Import the idoc structure in ESR.

2)Create the Sender File communication channel.

3) Use below module in module configuration to convert the IDOC file to IDOC-XML content conversion.

SAP_XI_IDOC/IDOCFlatToXmlConvertor

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/74/a45bc07e2043fb9b63295229178903/frameset.htm

That's it. you flat file idoc is inside PI with IDOC-XML format.

-santosh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepthi,

You dont need to create data,

Import the required IDoc to XI. then copy the XSD and modify using third part tool or notepad(takes more time), and create and new XSD of the modified IDoc structure and save the file as <filename>.xsd

Import again the <filename>.xsd into XI

Finish!

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help Ramesh,

I think my question was not clear, here requirement is to convert a source flat file as shown in the earlier post into xml.

so i have to use file to file scenario for sure. i think if iam not wrong i have to create a data type according to the spec.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok.

Deepthi,

You approach is correct!

You have to Sender FCC to achieve the flat file to map to IDoc.

Design the source data type similar to your IDOC but without the header segment.

Regards

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is your PI version? Also see the below thread....

Also refer the sap help document for the module bean SAP_XI_IDOC/IDOCFlatToXmlConvertor. create file sender adapter at the source side with file content conversion as message protocol. Specify the bean as document says..