cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installion of EHP 5 Via Web Interface

0 Kudos

Am attempting an install of EHP 5 on EEC 7.1 on AIX. Running the program /usr/sap/<SID>/EHPI/STARTUP starts the browser interface.

Using my Windows XP box, I load up IE and navigate to the address http://servername:4239 and get the following error;

Error while connecting to communication partner - see preceeding messages. Could not connect to host rvdphret on port 4241. java.net.SocketException: Connection reset java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

I first assumed a JAVA error and removed all java from my PC, and reinstalled latest version, but am still getting the same error.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Res,

Can you please check, if the port is use already ?

Did you get chance Restarting the server, restart will also free the already allocated post to this application

You can also try using 4239 port.

0 Kudos

The port is not in use, and when other people attempt from their PCs, they do not receive the same error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please try following

EHPI\STARTUP.BAT "jce_policy_zip=exact path of your jce policy file"

For your Policy file please check - Note 1240081 - "Java Cryptography Extension Jurisdiction Policy" files

0 Kudos

This was already executed once on the AIX end. From what I understand this is not necessary to repeat unless we clean up the install process and have to go from the beginning. The fact is that once the process is started, other people can access the install properly, but my PC cannot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Les,

Can you please check 2 things

1)host entry is given properly (both FQDN and small) in local host file.

2) if there is any proxy then the server hostname is bypassed using "inetwiz" for iexplorer.

If both are done, try calling it againg with fullhostname.

Regards,

Amit Barnawal

Edited by: Amit Barnawal on Dec 29, 2011 7:05 AM