cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sizing of PI & EP Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Planning to implement PI 7.3 & EP 7.3 in our landscape..we need to size these products & give it to our Implemenattion partner.

When I am going through SAP Quicksizer for PI 7.3 I have been asked to fill :

1. XMLSize(KB)

2. Messages(KB)

But not getting exactly how to know thsee input? Secondly how to size EP 7.3 with a total of 33000 users with 500 being concurrent?

Note : SAP PI integration will provide the ability to link business processes & data between HR ECC6 & Finance/Retail 4.7 systems.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As sravanthi explained Sizing is always depends on Your business.

i always prefere businss first before believing any sizing tools and all.. you need to work with your business and get the details before sizing.

Well am coming to the point you are going to implement XI, so in General XI how many users can login every day what's the load on your XI system. comparatively users are very less in XI system for XI you need to focus on Data transfer ratio and back end systems.

and for EP you have to focus on Users before sizing.

-Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas thanks for your reply..

For EP I have already mentioned the total number of users & their concurrency.Will it be possible to suggest the sizing now??

For PI I have to suggest them the sizing.There is no one from the Integration team currently available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

What is your OS and DB ?

Sizing of PI

1. XMLSize(KB)

2. Messages(KB)

Basis cannot assume the size of above files and Integration team has to provide necessary details. Check with your Legacy and Integration team.

Sizing of EP :-

Sizing tool is the best to provide sizing, if you have enough information. Provide number of Concurrent Users, Average think time in seconds, Number of JAVA Iviews, number od URL IViews. Provide information on necessary Elements (like NW-EP-URL, NW-EP-INT) etc..

Table 2 :-

Active Users A/P - Average or Peak time users

Time Interval - H

Max No. of logins - Your user's count

click on "Calculate Result"

Thanks,

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sravanthi, OS is AIX 6.1 & Oracle 11.2..

PI will be used to to link business processes & data between ECC6 6.0 HCM & 4.7 systems. Secondly it will be used to send and receive employee data to and from HMRC..There will be 33000 users in ECC 6.0 HCM.Can you now suggest the sizing of PI?

EP will be used only for ESS services.Viewing payslip & personal information mainly.There are 33000 users in EP & concurrent users will comprise of 500 max.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joydeep,

AS said earlier, sizing not only depends on the number of users in ECC but also the size of messages that flow between ECC, PI and legacy. Example - XSLT messages are huge and requires more memory and other XML, Java messages requires decent memory.

Since, we don't know what are the messages used by your business it's better to check with your integration team about the size of messages and plot them in sizer for better value.

Sizing also depends on company's budget, According to user value that you said above, I guess you need minimum 32GB in App server and its your company requirement on how many App server.

You can propose EP also same amount of memory in each app server.

Above value is still suggestion, still I strongly recommend you to use sizer.

Thanks,

Sravanthi