cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to SAP Netweaver 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We did an upgrade last month to SAP Netweaver 7.3 (BI double stack) and we noticed that in our services (SMICM) SMTP was not active anymore.

I checked the instance profile and saw that these services were added in the profile :

icm/server_port_1 = PORT=5$(SAPSYSTEM)00,PROT=HTTP,TIMEOUT=60,PROCTIMEOUT=600

icm/server_port_2 = PORT=5$(SAPSYSTEM)01,PROT=HTTPS,TIMEOUT=60,PROCTIMEOUT=600

icm/server_port_3 = PORT=5$(SAPSYSTEM)04,PROT=P4

icm/server_port_4 = PORT=5$(SAPSYSTEM)06,PROT=P4SEC

icm/server_port_5 = PORT=5$(SAPSYSTEM)07,PROT=IIOP

icm/server_port_6 = PORT=5$(SAPSYSTEM)03,PROT=IIOPSEC

icm/server_port_7 = PORT=5$(SAPSYSTEM)08,PROT=TELNET,HOST=localhost

I tried to add icm/server_port_8 with SMTP but when this was done the system won't start anymore.

When i put all the above lines in comment the system starts up normally and the SMTP service is active again.

But i miss 3 services : P4SEC, IIOPSEC and HTTPS.

Are these services ncessary in Netweaver 7.3 or not ?

Can anyone help me with me problem ?

Regards,

Marc.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the reason of your "new" services is that you have decided to keep BW 7.3 as double stack.

As Netweaver J2EE 7.3 does not have a dispatcher process anymore it uses the ABAP stack ICM instead.

Therefore the ICM needs now to listen to the ports needed by the specific J2EE protocols (P4, IIOP, TELNET, etc).

This does not explain why you cannot add the SMTP line.

This may be one more reason why dual stack is no more recommended.

In my company we also have an upgrade project from BW 7.0 dual stack to BW 7.3 with abap and J2EE stacks separated as 2 different SIDs. In fact we just upgrade BW abap and we reinstall from scratch BW java.

Regards,

Olivier

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Olivier,

My system is a double stack yes but i'm not sure if the Java part is used.

My oss message is already made and send to SAP for several days but no answer for the moment.

Marc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Olivier,

Thanks for your reply.

I deactivated all the services the upgrade has added and then SMTP was active again and the mail works also.

My problem is now do I need the other services or not ?

I checked with the friends who work in other companies and who have also BI 7.3 and they don't have the P4, IIOP, ...

One has HTTP and SMTP and the other HTTP, HTTPS and SMTP.

What can I deactivate and what not ?

Regards,

Marc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marc,

The question is : Is your system dual stack or not ? If dual stack (not recommended) you need all services and you have the problem for which you should open a SAP support call.

Regards,

Olivier