Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pds quota

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to manfacture a product with

1. 50 % using PDS 1 and 50% using PDS2...Can I achieve it??. Both PDS 's being in the same location.

2. 50 % using PDS 1 and 50% using PDS2 with two different locations

Kindly suggest

SS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriman,

Case 1: Definitely possible. You have to maintain in house production quotas (choose "Quota arr. for In-House prod.") and in the source of supply you have to PDS for which you want to maintain the quota.

Case2: What is your scenario? do you have demand in DCs and you want to produce 50% in two factories to meet the demand. Then you have to maintain external procurement quota for the depot to the two factories. And at the factories 100 % quota to the PDS you want to produce with. If your scenario is different, please explain.

regards,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok

For

1. If I understand corrctly, I need to maintain the corresponding PDS name in the INHOUSE Quota and manage it.

Say, I have 4 PDS's.

PDS1 and PDS 2 have been defined in the Quota with 50% each and the PDS 3 and PDS 4 have been assigned Priorities 1 and 2..........then in this case how will it work

2. Do have to maintain Outbound Quota for the manufacturing plant (assuming both the PDS's belong to the same plant)

Suppose I have to manage quotas from different plants.....then how do I go about

Regards,

SS

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

During SNP Heuristics, the first preference goes to quota, so if you maintain quota, it would get considered first, and then the next consideration would be given to priority (if quota doesn't exist). So, in your scenario below, PDS 3 & 4 would be redundant.

Ashok already explained (in case 2) how you would maintain quota if you want to produce 50% from PDS of one plant, and 50% from PDS of another plant.

If PDSs belong to the same plant, then this is the same case as your case 1.

Understand the concept of quota from the point of view of T'lanes (as source of supply for external procurement) or PDS (as source of supply for internal production).

Outbound quota would be relevant in the scenario when let's say your plant has to supply to 2 different DCs. You might want to ensure that whatever you produce in the Plant, 75% should be supplied to one DC and 25% to the other DC. In this case, you would use outbound quota.

Hope this helps.

Thanks - Pawan

Answers (0)