cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost Center in Shopping cart line item need to be changed as DROP DOWN

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am Creating a Shopping cart line item using "Add Item with Free Text". The line item of shopping cart has tab called Account Assignment, in which Cost Center details are visible.

SAP SRM 7.0 provides this Cost Center with F4 Input Help. I need to Convert this Cost Center field to a DROP DOWN Field.

I tried enhancing web dynpro /SAPSRM/WDC_UI_DO_ACC, view V_DO_ACCOUNT_DETAIL. But could not change Cost center field. SAP provided it default as INPUT FIELD, which I cannot convert to DROP DOWN.

I thought of hiding standard field and create a custom field as drop down. But Web dynpro enhancement options does not provide altering attributes of standard fields.

Please provide any ideas to achieve this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Following SAP note: 815849

FAQ: Account assignment system response.

As of SRM 5.0 the backend search help is activated for all users assigned to the roles:

SAP_EC_BBP_PURCHASER

SAP_EC_BBP_MANAGER

SAP_EC_BBP_EMPLOYEE

In this case the binoculars will appear for the cost centre as opposed to the drop down search help.

If you would like to have the dropdown box instead of the binoculars then please remove the authorisation object BE_F4_HELP from the PFCG of the users role(s).

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working in SRM 7.0 and cannot use the note.

But my problem is solved.

I was able to achieve the requirement, by enhancing the web dynpro. Web dynpro enhancement provides options to REMOVE the standard field, instead of changing it's definitions.

I have removed the standard one and created new field as Drop down. Created some POST EXITS and OVERWRITE EXITS to solve my requirement.

Answers (0)