Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDS Planning location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

My user wants to plan an SKU with

PRDN LOCATION as P1 and

PLANNING LOCATION as P2. There is a customer C1 and C1 is a VMI Customer.

I have maintained the PDS with the Planning and Production locations at PRDN LOCATION.

Do I have to maintain PDS at PLANNING LOCATION also?

Assuming , there is a demand of 100 at Customer and there is a supply of 20 at PLANNING LOCATION.

Please let me know how the network has to be setup and how the demand and supply geeration and netting happens in this case.

Regards,

SS

Edited by: SAPSriman on Dec 28, 2011 3:28 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to maintain procurement type E & special procurement key 42 in the planning plant.

And also maintain Proc type E in the Planning plant and maintian prod version in prodn plant.

When you cif this PV a PDS will be created with the correct planning location & production location.

If you have demand 100 in DC you maintain quota to planning plant, demand will propagated to the planning location.

Then when you execute planning in this planning location production will be triggered in production location with receipt at planning location.

Regards,

Ashok

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think that you're using a subcontracting scenario ... If so, you may not need to maintain PDS at planning location. Just you need a transportation lane from procution location to planning location with subcontracting indicator set in the transportation lane.

You can refer to the below online help for subcontracting scenario:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/4c/4e52b7eb096ad8e10000000a42189c/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thanks for the response.

For instance:

I have a demand of 100 at DC .

The demand has propagated to the Planning location when I ran Heuristic between planning location and DC.

At the Planning location, I see a stock of 20.

When I run Heuristic between the Planning location and the Production location, then how much quantity of demand would be propagated to production location and how much quantities of STR and Planned orders would be generated

Regards,

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriman,

80 would be produced in the production location. But when you do GR the GR for 80 will be done in the planning location.

Since GR will always happen in the planning location, the netting logic is simple, net off receipts in planning location and produce the shortage qty in the production location.

To be honest. I have tried this in PPDS, not in SNP.

In SNP, may be you can try the suggestion from SNP Expert Ada.

Also it will be great if you could try the Planning /Production location logic in SNP and let us know if it works

Regards,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks so much to eveyone for the prompt responses.

I am closing this case as I have got clarity

Regards,

SS

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure whether you'll still look into this thread, but to answer your question:

You have a demand of 100 in planning location. If you run hurisitic, you'll get 100 "subcontracting distribution receipt" at planning location to cover this demand, and in the same time, you get 100 "subcontracting distribution demand" at production location. This demand will be convered by the 20 stock and another 80 "production planned" at production location.

Best Regards,

Ada