cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager 7.1 SP04 - Job SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_PERFMONITOR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

I got an issue with some differences between what SolMan Setup did and SAP Note 966309 for TCOLL in SAP_BASIS 700 - 702 sais.

SolMan Setup creates the job SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_PERFMONITOR with the following step in working client 001:

1 RSCOLL00 ABAP SOLMAN_BTC EN

According to SAP Note 966309, this job is supposed to run as user DDIC (or any other with same rights) in client 000. On top, there are a lot of differences between SAP Note 966309 and the content of TCOLL.

Would you change TCOLL according to this SAP Note or would you hang on what SolMan Setup did?

Thanks for short answer.

Regards, Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

HI Michael

I believe that you must maintain as SOLMAN_SETUP performed the task, as the version of BASIS is 702 and the note that you showed is valid for BASIS 700.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mateus

I'm sorry, but I do not confirm with your answer. According to "affected release" section of this note, it is valid for SAP_BASIS 70 from release 700 to release 702. And, as Solution Manager 7.1 is based on SAP_BASIS release 702...

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

This note is clear regarding the client and user:Note 16083 - Standard jobs, reorganization jobs

and this note is release independent.

If you check using RTCCTOOL you'll be able to see a recommendation regarding TCOLL:

7. [Note 12103 ] Collectors and TCOLL

Description Planning table TCOLL for SAP workload collectors for 700 (note 966309 )

Implementation Press the lights icon to get the detailed check log.

Add missing entries to table TCOLL using ST03N > Expert Mode > Collector

and Performance DB > Performance Monitor Collector > Execution Times.

Schedule RSCOLL00 as an hourly batch job if not scheduled.

"schedule standard jobs" steps is required if the jobs are not scheduled already:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Basic+Configuration

"In the activities schedule Background jobs and standard jobs different jobs are scheduled. The Background job that are scheduled are jobs for the housekeeping of SAP Solution Manager. The standard jobs are the same jobs as the jobs scheduled in transaction SM36 --> u201EStandard Jobs" and schedules jobs for general SAP housekeeping. Please make sure that the jobs are not already scheduled in SM36 before executing this activity. "

Cheers,

Diego.

Answers (0)