cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key date variable and date intervals

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello BEx gurus

[help.sap.com |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/1e/99ea3bd7896f58e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm] says in an example for key date reporting:

Choose a date from the calendar. If you select 01.01.1999, for example, time-dependent data for 01.01.1999 is read.

Question 1:

Does it mean, that the query will report all values (keyfigures) to the appropriate character(s) from 01.01.1999 on, until today?

Question 2:

I need only to report from 01.01.2005 to 31.12.2006; this time interval can be selected by a variable or "hardcoded" in the rows or columns of the query.

But I would like to use also a key date as variable? Possible?

There might be a solutiion in this way:

Column 1: Restricted keyfigure with year variable_1 and key date variable_2.

Column 2: Restricted keyfigure with year variable_3 and key date_variable_4.

Will this comparison work? Any experiences?

Regards

BEO

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The "Key Date" refers only to the time-dependent attributes of InfoObjects that are displayed in the query. It should not be confused with the selections on dates, either hardcoded or inputted through variables.

You can specify the "Key Date" form the input of a user by creating a replacement path variable.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am using infocue 0PA_C01, Headcount and Personnel Actions.

I have activated the time-dependent navigation attribute company code 0EMPLOYEE__0COMP_CODE.

The query looks like this:

hardcoded filter: a special employee-ID having many changes in company code assignment over the time (slowly changing dimensions).

Example:

Employee-ID valid to valid from company code

100000007 31.07.2011 01.01.2010 1000

100000007 01.08.2011 31.12.9999 2000

The query is defined as follows:

hardcoded filter on this employee-ID 100000007.

Filter variable on 0CALDAY.

Rows: 0EMPLOYEE and 0EMPLOYEE__0COMP_CODE.

Columns: 0AGE_KYF

That's all.

When executing the query with the variable value on 01.01.2010 I will get the right result for 0COMP_CODE on 1000.

When I execute the query on 02.01.2010 I get NOTHING, no results!

By the way: I have activated this navigational attribute 0EMPLOYEE__0COMP_CODE after loading the cube, but this should not affect the query result.

Any ideas?

Thanks

BEO

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got the solution for my problem described in the previous comment:

You should not put the key date variable in the filter area. Put it in the query properties under "key date"...

And it works! It seems that this special field for key date is different to the global filter setting...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ravikanth_indurthi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. If you are selecting the Key date as 01.01.1999 in the filters of query designer, it displays all the keyfigure values restricted to that date only (01.01.1999).

2. If you need the values from 01.01.2005 to 31.12.2006, it can be restricted at individual KF level or if you hardcode the filter, it will be applicable to restrict the data for the entire query.

Else you can create a variable or use existing variable which has manual input with interval selection.

Hope this helps....

Rgs,'

Ravikanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravikanth Indurthi

That means the described option 2 might work?

"I need only to report from 01.01.2005 to 31.12.2006; this time interval can be selected by a variable or "hardcoded" in the rows or columns of the query.

But I would like to use also a key date as variable? Possible?

There might be a solutiion in this way:

Column 1: Restricted keyfigure with year variable_1 and key date variable_2.

Column 2: Restricted keyfigure with year variable_3 and key date_variable_4."

Regards

BEO

ravikanth_indurthi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can try that...by creating RKFs

Check in the cube level if you have the data for the same filter and variable restriction combination for that date

Hope this helps...

Rgs,

Ravikanth

Edited by: Ravikanth Indurthi on Dec 29, 2011 4:21 PM