cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Server cache

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

Iam trying to install Cache server for content server.

We have completed content server with respositery ( in ECC ) sucessfully and now in a process for cache server.

Cache server is install but i need to configure cache server for our content server. below is some point need to answer.

1. For congifuration of cache i have to create new respositery from CSADMIN or i can use the same which we created for content server.

2.what is the configuration i need to make to work cache server for our content server.

following for your in put.

thanks

Edited by: Uddin on Dec 28, 2011 2:07 PM

Edited by: Uddin on Dec 28, 2011 2:09 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uddin,

Once you have installed the Cache Server, it is virtually maintenance-free. All you have to do to put it into operation is the make the required Customizing settings in the SAP system (for more information also see note 0216419).

This SAP Content Server cache can be administrated directly from the SAP system.

Go to the administration of the cache server using transaction CSADMIN. At the start of the transaction enter the host name of the cache server, its port number and path Path /Cache/CSProxyCache.dll or /sapcsc (only Unix).

Section Content Server Administration explains how to use transaction CSADMIN; so here only its functions are described.

You can call up the report RSCMSLOC to get an overview of the locations and servers.

See note 216419: Multilevel Caching and Content Server Proxies.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Deepak

thanks for the reply.In CSADMIN iam getting error Error in "HTTP Access: IF_HTTP_CLIENT->RECEIVE 1" "HTTPIO_PLG_CANCELED" when trying to connect cache server. any idea why this error ?

regards

uddin

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uddin,

The error you get is same as for content server. Possible reasons would be

1) Database is instance for cache server is down

2) Permission problem for Cache server application. Check that in CSADMIN parameter security = 0

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear deepak

Thanks for your support.

No iam not getting error in CS.

actually i ahve created a seprate respositiories for CS and CS cache server through OAC0. when trying to connect my cache server through CSADMIN its giving same error.

my DB instance workign fine.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uddin,

Can you check your cache server using the url below

http://<serve>r:1095/Cache/CSProxyCache.dll?adminCache&operation=statGet2.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes deeapk i already check its not opening "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

http://cscashe:1095/Cache/CSProxyCache.dll?adminCache&operation=statGet2.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uddin,

Since your cache server is not running you can do the following

1) Check in IIS whether your "SAP Cache Server" website is running or not. If possible restart this service.

2) Unlike in the case of the Content Server, you cannot define whether signatures are checked for individual repositories on the cache server. Signature checking must be set globally on the cache server.

To do this, open the CSProxyCache.INI file. In the section [CSProxyCache], set the entry Security=1.

3) Also check following SAP notes

0351647 Cache Server Administration

0164203 Problems with SAPHTTP

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi deepak

IIS is ok on cache server. and edit ini file on cache server with 1 security value.

can u tell me please for access cache server though CSADMIN i have to create a new respostiry or i can use the same ( which i created for content server)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uddin,

For Cache server there has to be separate entry for repository since it runs on separate port 1095.

Content server runs on port 1090.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Answers (0)