cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA CO-PA Accelerator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have two queries:

1. Does CO-PA Accelerator support Account based CO-PA?

2. How is CO-PA archived data accessed?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Sudhakar,

1- SAP mention CO-PA account based is not covered according the standard RDS documentation.

2 - Standard ECC tables are recommended to loaded using SLT and external tables or files are recomended to be loaded using BO Data Services (please check learning sessions at https://www.experiencesaphana.com/community/learn)

Edited by: Lino Maggi on Jan 21, 2012 8:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lino,

Thanks for your response. I will, once again, try and state my queries in a simple way:

1. Can HANA CO-PA Accelerator support Account-based CO-PA (I am not restricting myself to RDS for CO-PA Accelerator).

2. SLT and BO Data Services are to be used for replication of data from SAP/non-SAP to HANA. Can they be used for loading SAP archived data on to HANA? If so, is the process to be followed same as the one used for regular transaction data replication? Or, do we have to follow a different procees for loading SAP archived data on to HANA?

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Jeffrey_Holdema
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We distinguish [two main use cases|http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=6&ved=0CEYQFjAF&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sdn.sap.com%2Firj%2Fscn%2Fevents%3Frid%3D%2Flibrary%2Fuuid%2F9090f60b-13d2-2e10-e594-97d52da74ad1&ei=37gdT-HXHIjg2AXw5MH7Cw&usg=AFQjCNEY9V71pF5hCFUeIjOi2Bql1RmBiA&sig2=buJq0hMF589RuQzM8uoj2Q] for CO-PA Accelerator: 1) Embedded ERP acceleration of certain CO-PA transactions (KE24, KE30, KE28, KEU5) and 2) Accelerated reporting of CO-PA data in HANA using BI 4.0 tools.

As for your questions, only costing-based CO-PA is supported for use case 1. That means that if you run account-based CO-PA and execute any of the above listed transactions they will not be accelerated by reading from HANA. They remain exactly as they are today and only use of CO-PA summarization levels can improve performance.

Now it is quite possible that you could replicate the CE4XXXX and COEP tables into HANA using SLT or Data Services and therefore realize accelerated reporting of account-based CO-PA (use case 2). However SAP delivers no RDS or business content, at the moment, to aid you in such an initiative. Accelerated account-based CO-PA would be a project specific custom development.

Costing-based CO-PA which has been archived can be transferred to HANA using a z-program that SAP can make available to projects through a "How to Guide". Contact your SAP representative to obtain a copy or create a customer message to request it.

Best regards,

Jeff Holdeman

SAP Labs, LLC

BusinessObjects Division

Americas Customer Solutions Adoption (CSA) team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Jeff.

That answers my queries.

Sudhakar Shetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeff, since 9 months have passed since you posted this info, I thought I'd check in on whether anything has changed.  I have a client who needs Account-based CO-PA accelerator on HANA.  SAP worked with us and developed a proof-of-concept of this functionality earlier this year.  Is the "product" now generally available and, if not, is there a GA date?

Thanks,

Prabhat

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lino,

Thanks for your response.

In case of the first response saying that Account based CO-PA is not covered by CO-PA Accelerator - would like to know whether SAP has mentioned it at some place. I could find a mention of it in RDS scope. In the CO-PA Accelerator RDS, account based CO-PA is not covered. But, without availing RDS, if we were to implement CO-PA Acceleartor, then can we include account-based CO-PA?

As regards the second response, SAP mentions that CO-PA archived data can be loaded onto HANA without impacting ECC tables and operations. I would like to know the process for loading the data onto HANA. Please let me know if any information is available on the same.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudhakar Shetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. No Account based COPA is not supported in COPA Accelerator RDS Solution provided by SAP. This is mentioned in their RDS scope as well. Although you can add Tables using import into HANA & perform Agile Datamodeling on top of them in HANA.

2. Yes, you are correct.

0 Kudos

1 - HANA CO-PA Accelerator does not cover account based CO-PA;

2 - HANA CO-PA does not cover historical data. Your mention makes me reflect about archiving. In my perspective for new CO-PA installations there is no reason to use regular archiving. You can keep data into HANA directly and delete from ECC database (since the read functions started to read HANA first). Only CE"n" tables reads were affected by the ABAP patches, and only them are part of the replication process, theorically archiving read functions keeps reading archived files not HANA.

BR

Lino