cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time bucket not displaying in planning book

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I opened planning book, the time bucket is not displaying as it used to be. I tried to select CVC to be displayed in the planning book and got the following error message:

@5C\QError@ Insufficient information about read period transferred

@5C\QError@ Error reading data - Planning book cannot be processed further

Insufficient information about read period transferred

Message no. /SAPAPO/TSM231

This internal error should not occur during normal processing. However if this message is displayed, contact your system administration or the SAP hotline quoting the message number.

Any idea what went wrong?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nic,

Go to /sapapo/sdp8b (edit planning book transaction), give the name of your planning book, and click on edit.

Come to the tab "data view", and do a F4 to select the data view which you were trying to view.

Please share what information is maintained in the "period information" section like 'planinng start', offset, period labeling, TB profile (future), TB profile (past), initial column, etc.

It seems you have some issue here.

Are you aware if any transport/change of planning book/planning view happened recently? In the window that you would have got opened after your clicked 'edit', you can find out the change information for planning book/planning view on the left hand side.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

Period Information:

Planning start: Blank

Offset: Blank

Period Labelling: U

TB Profile ID (Future): ZDP_PBP_9Q

TB Profile ID (Past): ZDP_PBP_5Q

And got the following error message when continue to the next tab from Data View:

External planning buckets profile < ZDP_PBP_9Q > is not valid

Message no. /SAPAPO/SDP_PI026

External planning buckets profile < ZDP_PBP_5Q > is not valid

Message no. /SAPAPO/SDP_PI026

Edited by: Nic_Yap on Dec 28, 2011 8:26 AM

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nic,

Either someone deleted the time bucket profile, or else the periodicities in the time bucket profile are not in line with the periodicity allowed in your planning area.

Go to Advanced Planning and Optimization-> Demand Planning -> Environment -> Current Settings -> Maintain Time Buckets Profile for Demand Plng and Supply Network Plng, or directly use the tcode "/SAPAPO/TR30".

Check that your time bucket profiles ZDP_PBP_9Q & ZDP_PBP_5Q exist by using F4 help, and also selecting them to see what periods are used in the time bucket profile e.g. weeks, days, etc.

If you don't find the time bucket profile, then they need to be created (based on name my guess is that *9Q will contain 9 quarters, and *5Q will contain 5 quarters). I expect that issue lies here itself.

If time buckets profile exist, then check the following:

1) Go to /sapapo/msdp_admin, select your planning area. See the storage bucket profile name in the "info" tab.

2) Go to /SAPAPO/TR32 (Periodicities for Planning Area). Give the name of the Storage bucket profile that you see in 1.

3) Check what periods are used in storage bucket profile.

4) Storage bucket profile needs to have lower periods maintained than the time bucket profile. e.g. assuming that your time bucket profile has quarters, then you need to have at least quarter maintained in storage bucket profile. Even if you have day or week or month selected in storage bucket profile, it's ok because these are smaller periods than quarters what you have in time bucket profile.

Also make a note if "post period" is checked. Note the name of "fiscal year variant" if that is maintained along with this tick. I hope you don;t need to go further but if above don;t resolve your issue, then we need to check the fiscal year variant

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nic,

Either someone deleted the time bucket profile, or else the periodicities in the time bucket profile are not in line with the periodicity allowed in your planning area.

Go to Advanced Planning and Optimization-> Demand Planning -> Environment -> Current Settings -> Maintain Time Buckets Profile for Demand Plng and Supply Network Plng, or directly use the tcode "/SAPAPO/TR30".

Check that your time bucket profiles ZDP_PBP_9Q & ZDP_PBP_5Q exist by using F4 help, and also select them to see what periods are used in the time bucket profile e.g. weeks, days, etc.

If you don't find the time bucket profile, then they need to be created (based on names, my guess is that *9Q will contain 9 quarters, and *5Q will contain 5 quarters). I expect that issue lies here itself.

If time buckets profile exist, then check the following:

1) Go to /sapapo/msdp_admin, select your planning area. See the storage bucket profile name in the "info" tab.

2) Go to /SAPAPO/TR32 (Periodicities for Planning Area). Give the name of the Storage bucket profile that you see in 1.

3) Check what periods are used in storage bucket profile.

4) Storage bucket profile needs to have lower periods maintained than the time bucket profile. e.g. assuming that your time bucket profile has quarters, then you need to have at least quarter maintained in storage bucket profile. Even if you have day or week or month selected in storage bucket profile, it's ok because these are smaller periods than quarters what you have in time bucket profile.

Also make a note if "post period" is checked. Note the name of "fiscal year variant" if that is maintained along with this tick. I hope you don;t need to go further but if above don;t resolve your issue, then we need to check the fiscal year variant.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

Storage bucket profile: ZDP_SBP

Post Period: Checked

Fiscal Year Variant: AW (Fiscal Week)

Horizon

Start Date: 06/28/2004

End Date: 09/28/2019

and got the following message:

You are not permitted to change periodicities

Message no. /SAPAPO/TSTR019

Diagnosis

The periodicities of storage buckets profile 'ZDP_SBP' cannot be changed and the storage buckets profile cannot be deleted. This could be due to one of the following:

It is a standard SAP storage buckets profile (with prefix '9A')

The storage buckets profile is used in at least one initialized planning area with time series key figures

Procedure

If you would like to change the periodicities of storage buckets profile 'ZDP_SBP' and it is not a standard SAP storage buckets profile, you first have to deinitialize all planning areas with time series key figures. You can then change the periodicities of the storage buckets profile.

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nic,

You can ignore the message regarding storage bucket profile. It will not allow you to change directly since it is being used for data storage of planning area.

How did the check for time bucket profile go?

Did the time bucket profiles exist, and if they exist, please share what values are maintained in the different rows?

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

I am David here. (same team with Nic) I tested all no issues with Time & Storage Bucket Profile. The issue comes with Fiscal Year Variant (FYV) "AW" which links to storage bucket profile. The weekly FYV "AW" has been disappeared. I recreated FYV "AW" with 53 posting periods in OB29 and error prompts: "More than 16 periods can only be used in the Extended General Ledger".

We tested the same scenario in Dev server by deleting the FYV "AW" and receive the msg: delete all dependant objects and total 914 objects being deleted. When we recreate again "AW" with 53 periods and receive same msg: "More than 16 periods can only be used in the Extended General Ledger".

Is there Anyway we could recreate the "AW" correctly?

Thanks

David

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I haven't yet worked with 53 posting periods, but if I understood correctly from Nic's post, you guys were able to work perfectly well with 53 posting periods earlier.

The message with relation to extended general ledger that is coming is a warning only, and not an error, so you can still go ahead, create your fiscal year variant and maintain your periods.

I would assume that you have the same fiscal year variant in your R/3 system as well (since this is linked to finance). System allowed you the maintenance of this fiscal year variant there, and you have been able to use it in storage bucket profile also. My thought is that you shouldn't face issues if you maintain 53 weeks in fiscal year variant in APO.

Please try re-creating AW, save your time bucket profiles again, and then see if your issue gets resolved.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

So sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the help and advice. We managed to create AW in APO. However, it doesnt take the period 53 with year shift +1. So we maintain that record manually in T table. The root cause is due to all FYV being overwritten from BW. The FYV between BW, ECC and APO not consistency. When we transfer the FYV from BW to APO using rebuilt table option, it overwrites APO FYV.. So now we recreate the FYV from scatch. Issue resolved.

Thanks again, Pawan

David