Did you mean: 

Budget Exceeded Error even after budget available in in CJ30

Former Member

Dear All Experts,

I have configured the PS-Budget. While creating PO I am getting below error

Item 010 WBS element PCS-0012 budget exceeded

Message no. BP603

Diagnosis

Budget was exceeded by 100,00 INR in document item 010 WBS element PCS-0012 .

When I am looking in T.code CJ30 I can see for year 2011 Rs.30,000/- is available still getting error. The budget profile is also configured correctly. I am not checking budget at a Released level.

What step I am missing here to check ? or my approach is wrong. When I am looking at CJI5 I am not getting even a single line item posted on WBS still how I am getting error ?

Regards,

Shilpi Saxena.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is your PO Value? May be it becomes 30,100 after all considerable taxes !! Cross check this.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

I got the same issue budget exceeded when creating PO,

Can you please let me know how you resolved this issue.

Thanks,

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check in CJ30 any budget is showing as distributable for that particular WBS Element.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abdul,

Yes, I can see the amounts in Distrubutable. Could you please what does this mean ?

Your guidance / inputs will be appreciable on this.

Regards,

Shilpi Saxena.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shilpi,

Also, try checking the assigned coloum (the amount already assigned) along with the distributable and in CJ32 budget released and also the tolerance set in the configuration for your budget profile.

Regards,

Punith.

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If value is available in distributable means the budget is available for you.

Please run report S_ALR_87013558 and verify the values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Punith / krisap / Abdul.

Thank you all for your quick responses.

Punith : In CJ32 ONLY current budget column having values rest all is blank.

Krisap : I am creating for Rs 100.00 getting same error and then tested for Rs 1.00 getting same error for Rs 1.00 also.

Abdul : Thank you for explanation. In the said report S_ALR_87013558 I am seeing in Budget column

2011 : Rs 1,000

2012 : Rs 2,000

Overall values : Rs. 3,000

Anything else do I need to check ?

Regards,

Shilpi Saxena.

P.S. : My simple requirement is I have budget amount Rs 50,000 for total 5 years. Rs 10,000 each year. My year starts from 2011 to 2015 So in CJ30 I assigned Rs 10,000 every year. And I am getting error even for Single Rupee amount PO !

Edited by: CA Shilpi on Dec 28, 2011 10:19 AM

Edited by: CA Shilpi on Dec 28, 2011 10:21 AM

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please take a screen shot of CJ30 and S_ALR_87013558, then upload in any free file hosting website and post the link here for us to download and verify.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. As you said you are not having Availability control for budget releases, no need of checking CJ32. (assuming you are sure of this)

2. In the "Define Tolerance Limits" node, check whether you have maintained any % in the usage field.

3. In CJI5, removing the from & to date values in Expected Debit Date value range & cross check the report once again (another way is that to check the remaining column values in your S_ALR_87013558 report, apart from the original budget field. what is the available budget value showing for this particular WBSE?)

regards

former_member220491
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The following are the possible problems. pl check it will resolve ur issue

1. As you said budget is available in CJ30, check the availability control whether is at CJ30 level or CJ32 level, if it is at cj30 level no problem, if it is at Cj32 level pl check the released budget, release budget should have the cusion to take care of the PO if not enhance the relased budget.

2. check your tolorence limits, if it ok,

3. if above all is ok Please check the person resonsible in WBS element, if WBS element dosen't have person responsible also this error will occur, as in our tolorence limit setting "2" waring with email, while creating PO system check for the person responsible to alert him, if this is missing also this budget exceed problem will happen.

thanks

regards

kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this is coming due to program error.

Have you tried reconstructing availability control?

Which SAP version are you working on?

Regards,

Harsh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What are the values you get in the distributable and assigned columns?

Thanks and Regards

surya_pampana2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey!

Just try to deactivate availablilty control, refresh project data base and activate the availabilty control and proceed with the PO

1. deactivate availabilty control: CJBW

2. Feresh data base: CJEN

3. Activate avialabilty control: CJBV

hope this will solve. even i have faced similar issue and the above said, worked.