cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to map a table in a query?

Former Member
0 Kudos

For DUET 1.0 (not FP1), GW 1.0, for the query, I am trying to allow the user to pass in an array of values for purchase order/purchase order item combinations. I would like to have the request look something like this:

<n0:ZfiPoClose xmlns:n0="urn:sap-com:document:sap:soap:functions:mc-style">

<IsInput>

<PoPoItemList>

<item>

<PoNumber>10005543</PoNumber>

<PoLineItem>1</PoLineItem>

</item>

<item>

<PoNumber>10005543</PoNumber>

<PoLineItem>2</PoLineItem>

</item>

<item>

<PoNumber>85005572</PoNumber>

<PoLineItem>1</PoLineItem>

</item>

</PoPoItemList>

<PoCloser>andyg</PoCloser>

</IsInput>

<IvBcscorrelationid>12345</IvBcscorrelationid>

<IvLastId></IvLastId>

<IvMaxHits>8</IvMaxHits>

</n0:ZfiPoClose>

I get a short dump on this. I debugged into the SAP code and it appears like there might a way to format the item nodes something like a range. Does someone know the secret here? I have looked through the documentation and haven't found anything on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have figured this out by reverse engineering the SAP code. You will need a 5 field stucture to hold you values where the 3rd field has the name INTERVAL_BOUNDARY_TYPE_CODE. This is sort of like a range structure in that the 4th and 5th fields are the low and high values. Although there are several ways to do this, I decided to use the low value for the PO Number and the high value for its associated line item. This means that the INTERVAL_BOUNDARY_TYPE_CODE has to be 3 (3 means between). I know these values are not really u201Cbetweenu201D, but to the requestor the structure looks like something they would fill in, i.e.

Field Name Description

DUMMY1 Dummy field, leave empty

DUMMY2 Dummy field, leave empty

INTERVAL_BOUNDARY_TYPE_CODE Set value to 3

PO_NUMBER Set value to PO number

PO_LINE_ITEM Set value to PO line item associated with above PO number

Go to METHOD map_interval in Class /IWFND/CL_CAL_FLAT_IB_GEN_MAP to see how they are doing it.

There should be a write up somewhere in SAP for this, but I did not find anything!