cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB_ENTRY_QUEUING

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am facing an issue with message flow from PI to ECC system.They leave PI without delay. But when they come to ECC they are delayed for 40 min.s at the step DB_ENTRY_QUEUING "begin" Any suggestions on how to resolve it? The QoS is EOIO. Would it help to add the parameter eo_inbound_parallel?(This parameter is recommended for EO messages) I couldn't check the SARFC resources during the run-time. I already looked at the doc: [PI Performance check|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0b96675-87cf-2c10-b489-dee0ac03f782?QuickLink=index&overridelayout=true] I am looking for more input.

Thanks!

Koti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Phani,

These parameters are already added to my PI system. In my application system( receiver ECC system) the PACKAGING parameter is not added, so can I add it in ECC system as well?

Thanks!

Koti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Indirani,

I donot have much information from the run-time observation. I am not sure how to narrow down to figure out what exactly could the issue be, if it is the lack of sufficient work-processes or due to the queues. Your information is helpful. Do you have any idea as to how to look at the queue performance in the past.

Thanks!

Koti

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

To handle large asynchronous message in queues you can use message packaging where multiple message are processed in one package . to make it applicable you have to perform these simple steps

1. go to SXMB_ADM add one RUNTIME parameter PACKAGING and value 1

2 GO TO transaction SXMS_BCONF set delay time 0 message count 100 messages and package size 1000 KB

with these setting your improvement will increase .secondly also put IN SXMB_ADM monitor category parameter QRFC_RESTART_ALLOWED TO 1

this will automatically start your queue . Only thing you have to take care if you enable packaging them don't keep too many parallel queue i.e EO_INBOUND_PARALLEL and EO_OUTBOUND_PARALLEL should be less than 20

check SAP note 1037176 you will get detail idea about message packaging and related configurations

Regards,

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you can explain the scenario it would help in understanding.

EO_INBOUND_PARALLEL is parameter that we set in SXMB_ADM, to control the number of inbound queues operating in parallel mode. Please check SMQ2 how the queues are processing if you see some of them are in ready state it would help. But in your case as the QOS is EOIO, it will have a single queue which will be executing all the messages in sequence.

Regards,

Indranil