cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling GATP for planned orders/production orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a scenario where we need to disable ATP check for production orders happening through GATP. That is, ATP check for production order materials should happen in SAP R/3. This is a problem because we have activated ATP check in integration models for sales orders and it is happening through GATP. Production Planning is happeninig in R/3 and we dont have either PP/DS or SNP in APO. ..only GATP.

any pointers on how the ATP check for planned orders/production orders can be blocked in GATP for the same materials which are active for sales order GATP check?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you please check if there is any control avaialble in //rrpcust1 or if the X flag for ATP active for the product can be removed with the help of a BADI in APO inbound.Check the BADIs avaialble in APO inbound for production order processing.

Rgs- Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chomuz

Do you want these orders to be available in GATP so that they can be considered for GATP Check?

If yes, then I do not see any standard customizing to help you. You need to check the user exits/BADI in APO Inbound processing for these orders (As vikas suggested) where you can de-activate ATP Check based on order category/business event. This is possible and we have implemented this in one of our past projects. You need to check with your development team for this requirement.

In case you do not want these orders in APO at all, then it can be pretty straight forward by not ciffing these orders to APO.

Thanks,

Prasun

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks prasun for help

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Pawan /Prasun /vikas

Thanks for your helpful answers

@Pawan : Since we have recently gone live with production planning and its in the process of stabilizing we do not want to enable ATP check for production orders in GATP yet. Also since we are also using batch-determination with ATP check in production orders we still have to check how the system responds with the combination. Therefore,as of now, we dont intend to switch on ATP for production orders in GATP.

@ Prasun : I understand there would be a user exit (EXIT_SAPLATPC_001) which would help in doing GATP check based on order type/business event. However my concern is if the order does not belong to any of the order types will the system do a normal standard ATP check in APO or it will do a ATP check in R3 ? Our programmers are still looking how to tweak it but any pointers based on your experience will be helpful

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As far as I can remember, this user exit would be helpful. You may put your custom logic in such a way that based on some Z Table entries, it will tweak the behaviour. I would not get into the details of custom logic in this forum. There are two watch-outs

1) Please make sure that Availability Check in R/3 is called

2) Please make sure that all configurations are in place for a basic availability check in R/3 for these orders (I assume you only need a basic availability check). You can get the configurations (SPRO -> Sales & Distribution ->Basic Functions -> Availability Check and Transfer of requirements -> Availability Check ->Availability Check with ATP Check)

Thanks,

Prasun

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chomuz,

Any particular reason for not wanting check for production order in APO, and in R/3?

You have to send data anyway to APO through CIF (visible in SNP or PPDS transactions) for GATP check of Sales Orders.

Most likely much of the same data would be relevant for planned order/production order also.

So, it shouldn't be an issue if ATP check happens in APO or not.

Thanks - Pawan