Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No log report displayed for Role based firefighting in AC10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru,

Merry Xmas to you all.

I configured Role based firefighting, but when I run the report to show me the activities performed by the

Firefighter, I get 'no record found'. Pls note that I ran d firefighting log update report both in dialog and background.

I maintained d application type to 2 (Role).

I created SPM owners and controllers in NWBC after creating them in GRC backend.

I created the firefighter in ERP backend and ran user sync job.

I created d FF role in ERP, imported it into GRC and checked it as 'Enable for firefighting'.

I provisioned the role to the Firefighter in ERP via the Access Request in GRC and I have the

FF role in the roles tab of the FF in SU01.

My expectation is that once I perform an action in the FF role, I should be able to see the logs.

But nothing displays.

It works fine for I'd based.

Please help me. I'm I missing anything?

Thank you all

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

chandani_kaur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello John,

After performing the firefighter activities have you run GRAC_SPM_LOG_SYNC_UPDATE program in the GRC box.

Also please go to Firefighter Assignment link in Portal/NWBC and check if the ff role is visible there or not.

First in configurations maintain parameter 4000 (Application type) to 2 and then the process is:

(1) Create firefighter and FF Role in ERP system.

(2) Perform repository sync in GRC Box.

(3) Enable role for firefighting and provisioning in BRM

(4) Go Owner maintainance and assign owner to role.

(5) Go to access Request, select request type Superuser Access and then add firefighter role to it.

(6) After the approval process the role is assigned to firefighter and this could be checked in Firefighter Assignment screen.

(7)Assign controller to firefighter.

(8) Now firefighter login into the ERP system and perform activities.

(9) Run GRAC_SPM_LOG_SYNC_UPDATE program in the GRC box.

(10) When job is complete then check the logs in consolidated log report.

If you have any further query, please feel free to add.

Thanks & Regards,

Chandani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Does the FF user exist in both systems?

1667109 - GRAC 10.0 Difference between ID based and Role based Firefighter logon:

"In Role Based functionality, the Firefighter user has to exist both in the Plug-in system and the GRC Box as well. In GRC Box this user will be used to raise the Workflow notifications for the Log Report/and other reports. In Plug-in system, Firefighter user has to exist to Login directly to the Plug-in system to use the Firefighter Role assigned and do the Firefighting activity."

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

Thanks for the info. I missed out this important setting. -

I have created the same user in GRC. But still, I get the same message - No record.

The snote is not clear on what authorization should be give to the user. I assigned all authorizations related to SPM anyway

Another thought is, how will the user created in GRC be associated with the firefighter user in ERP.

I thank you in anticipation for your response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Has anybody succcessfully configured role based Fire Fighting?

Please share your thoughts on this issue please.

Thanks in anticipation for a feedback.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I still have this issue.....still expecting your inputs.

Please help!